Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Ns7/Kaoss Pad setup

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

AsmakhPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Alright, so i got a numark ns7 as my main deck hooked up to a laptop. I have that connected to a Ecler nuo 2.0 mixer via the master from the NS7 to the output 1 on the nuo. I have the nuo FX send a receive going through a kaoss pad, and finally the master hooked up to my speaker. Now my problem is that im finding it extremely difficult to isolate the channels off the Ns7, is there anyways i can listen to my individual channels while having my headphones in the nuo? (cause if i take em out of the nuo i lose all sound on my kaoss pad) or will i be forced to connect my headphones to my NS7 every time i want to mix.

Thanks
sorry for the poor grammar and punctuation, don't hate,

Posted Sat 23 May 09 @ 6:01 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Why not just run a cable from the headphones of the NS7 to another input on the mixer? Then you can listen through that 1 channel on the mixer.

*** Don't think they designed the NS7 to work this way ... but it's a good backdoor work around ...

Posted Sat 23 May 09 @ 9:07 am
AsmakhPRO InfinityMember since 2008
not bad. ill try that.

Also i dont completely understand The booth function. I got booth outputs on the back of the NS7. Will they work to help me somehow?

Posted Sat 23 May 09 @ 9:26 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
No, they won't help

Posted Sat 23 May 09 @ 12:59 pm
Your NS7 has a RCa input. Connect the output of you Kaoss pad to that... Now, the output of the Ns7. If it has tape out,Hook up the out of the NS7 to the In of the Kaoss pad

Posted Sat 23 May 09 @ 4:55 pm
djesco1PRO InfinityMember since 2007
there is a general hook up video posted on you tube based on a basic how-to write up I did in the NI forum.
you can search the NI forum for DJ Esco or Youtube search for djesco075.

if you are looking at the KP3 the video covers the two methods both using Direct and Send mode selection and configuration (hookup)

DJ Esco

Posted Thu 23 Jul 09 @ 3:55 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)