Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Vertical Stack Skin

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm in the middle of the process creating a vertical stack skin. This means that player A would be on top left, player B on middle left, and mixer on bottom left. The center and right part of the screen would be used for the browser. This skin is going to be for widescreen monitors.

Is anyone interested on such a skin? If yes, I would like your ideas/suggestions....

Thanks!

PS: I know I'm not a registered user e.t.c... I use VJ (not VDJ) thus I can't register on these forums... :)

Posted Thu 21 May 09 @ 12:27 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
seems an interesting concept, don't think i have come across that in vdj, but, all the right hand side taken up just for browser seems a lot of real estate, could you not split that up into further sections for sampler,clipbank, show logo files etc, instead of having to search for them individual folders can be shown on the screen if you know what i'm trying to explain, anyway goodluck

Posted Thu 21 May 09 @ 2:15 pm
its a shame that we can only have one browser (per instance of VDJ)

ive experemented with the above idea before, though ive got a large video bottom left and large browser bottom right.
the idea i had was to get 2 large browsers so that i could have 2 different locations on screen at the same time. (ie. music right, karaoke left)
but 1 browser is the limit.
the large video can be modded into panels for your idea, Tayla.
when i find my code for this Idea, i;ll pu up some pics.

but the main idea here could be a winner too. id like to see some screenshots when you have something :)

Posted Thu 21 May 09 @ 2:41 pm
I have always thought running the players down the left hand side would be great for a multi instance skin with four players stacked on top of each other. Top 2 for video and the 3rd and 4th for audio (great for remixing and mashups).

Completely across the top woul dbe a wave display with all four waves in it (Players 1 & 3 on the top inverted and player 2 & 4 on the bottom).

In the center column would be the video cue displays next to players 1 &2, next to player 3 would be the video main output display and next to player 4 would be you mixer section. the third column would be your brower.

If you could make the browser "slide" over the center column (or have the browser setting behind the center column and when you hit the browser button it would come forward) you could even use this concept on a standard 1280 x 800 screen.

I like the idea of the browser, waitlist and playlist stacked in the third column as you can see more titles at a time using the entire 800 vertical of the screen.

Posted Mon 25 May 09 @ 6:04 am
Could this be what you had in mind originally?

ive got a few unfinnished skins at the moment, but i'll add this to the project list, too

Posted Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 10:41 pm
[IMAGE1]
ive got a few unfinnished skins at the moment, but i'll add this to the project list, too

Sort of, yes... ;) I have stopped all development now...

Posted Sat 06 Jun 09 @ 1:57 pm
marksmolinski wrote :

if u make that with out the mixer and have the sampler there im there

Posted Sat 06 Jun 09 @ 2:40 pm
djcrossfade wrote :
marksmolinski wrote :

ive got a few unfinnished skins at the moment, but i\'ll add this to the project list, too

if u make that with out the mixer and have the sampler there im there

i will have to put a custom sampler there, cause i cant get the standard sampler to show where the browser is.
it will be on a panel, switched with mixer, video, scratch, sampler, then anything else i can think of.

check out v2...

as you can see, ive borrowed the VDJ wallpaper.
the parts of the players will show from the hidden parts of the bmp file. seems to work so far... lol

Posted Sat 06 Jun 09 @ 3:30 pm
as far as i can see, i can only display one sample name at any one time, but i'll have to see how i can fill that panel with all things samples...

Posted Sat 06 Jun 09 @ 3:53 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
If you need any help with the Skin Creator let me know ;-)

Posted Sat 06 Jun 09 @ 3:55 pm
JeremK wrote :
If you need any help with the Skin Creator let me know ;-)

im liking the new creator 2.1

i'll give you a shout sunday if i hit any obsticles, but youve made it better with the right hand pane to enter all the options.

Posted Sat 06 Jun 09 @ 4:12 pm
This is a nice layout but you should get rid of the mixer and focus on implementing effect and sampler selector. I think that would make it more efficient. Maybe adding an option to choose the layout to be displayed on the right or left side of the screen. I'll be following your developments.

Posted Tue 09 Jun 09 @ 3:12 am
ye, im still working on this.

im going to move the info displays closer, and im working on pannels for the bottom left corner with sampler, cues, video, mixer, scratch, etc

Posted Tue 09 Jun 09 @ 8:53 am
do u know where can I find this skin?

Posted Fri 03 Feb 12 @ 4:20 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
I'm in the middle of the process creating a vertical stack skin. This means that player A would be on top left, player B on middle left, and mixer on bottom left. The center and right part of the screen would be used for the browser. This skin is going to be for widescreen monitors.

Is anyone interested on such a skin? If yes, I would like your ideas/suggestions....

Thanks!

PS: I know I'm not a registered user e.t.c... I use VJ (not VDJ) thus I can't register on these forums... :)

Good idea...But what's this..not a Registered user?...and the Image did'nt show?

Posted Fri 03 Feb 12 @ 6:40 pm
how about a talk over button for a mic?

Posted Mon 06 Feb 12 @ 10:19 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Guys, you re posting to a 3years old thread. I will lock this one, as it seems that the project has been abandoned since then.

Thread locked

Posted Mon 06 Feb 12 @ 12:56 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)