Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: beatmathing claps. heeeeeeeeelp!!!!!!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

i've been working hard to get my transitions between songs as seemless as possible, but on most occasions, even though i'm preety sure that the beats are overlaping quite accurately, i can still hear a verry annoyng clap on every beat. i tried to tweak some of the faders butt still it sounds kind of dumb. what can i do? do i have to use some special filters or something, or is it something about the phase of the songs (by the way i dont know what a phase is so if u are kind please educate me), or it's just about the dj'ing skill and the selection of the songs
please tell me, for this could really help my life :))

Posted Fri 18 Mar 05 @ 12:38 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
In fact phase comes from physics (we tell in phase, opposite in phase, "phase move of pi/2, pi/4, etc...") but to simplify the idea, considerer it's the moving (shifting) back or forward between two curves

Posted Fri 18 Mar 05 @ 2:04 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
1/ Use as higher quality sounds as possible.
2/ Don't mix tracks on same frequencies at the same time (for example both songs with beats, or both with vocals etc.)!
3/ Also disable the "Time Stretch" function under "FAME options". It will sound much smoother.

Posted Fri 18 Mar 05 @ 2:13 pm
Phasing is a technique used by DJ's to create sort of a wind type sound effect. In the old days this was accomplished by playing the same record on both turntables at the same time. Have one record just a hair behind the other.

VDJ will do it with MP3 files as described above and of course there is software that will do it as well.

Posted Fri 18 Mar 05 @ 7:41 pm
there will even be a "flanger-ish" sound when beatmatching perfect, often
because the bass drum beat or other beats dont go well together...

Try removing, or lowering the EQ level (bass first of all) for the song you are going to fade out
Having 2 bass drums hitting on top of each other, almost never sound good

Posted Sat 19 Mar 05 @ 4:16 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)