Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Can't load skins that are not "zipped"

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I've been using VDJ for about 2 years now with great success. The problem is that I dumped my hard drive for a new one, reinstalled windows xp pro and all the goodies, reinstalled VDJ. I downloaded 2.06,and a couple of skins that I've always used. (Tascam etc.) I also downloaded a couple of new ones to try, but they don't work. I noticed that they are not in a zip format like the older ones. Rezipping did not help. Is there a trick to get the newer skins to work?

Posted Thu 17 Mar 05 @ 5:49 am
djjbPRO InfinityMember since 2004
i downloaded the last 4 skins this week and they where all zipfiles....

Posted Thu 17 Mar 05 @ 7:01 am
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
You should probably re-download them.
When finished downloading them, don't choose "open"
just save them as they are in your skins folder.

Posted Thu 17 Mar 05 @ 6:20 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
It happens sometimes that when downloading skins, there is no extension (".zip") added to a filename, thus making it unreadable for any software. So when you do download, just add the ".zip" at the end of the skin name, otherwise you'll have to rename it with windows' explorer (which you won't be able to do if "show file extensions" are disabled in options).

It' basically a naming problem (server/forum code). And it IS a zip filetype what you have downloaded.

Posted Thu 17 Mar 05 @ 7:57 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
This is a problem downloading skins with anything other than IE use internet explorer to download skins.

Posted Fri 18 Mar 05 @ 2:18 pm
Open the skins folder and make sure the extensions are there. If not, add them. That worked for me.

Now-
If someone would please add a headphone slider on the default skin I would be most appreciative...

Posted Fri 18 Mar 05 @ 7:23 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)