Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: CANT GET KARAOKE LIST TO LOAD TO ONE DECK ONLY

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have just started using the Karaoke plugin for my shows, however, I can't seem to get the Karaoke list I create to load to only one deck, for instance deck one. I have a playlist on Deck two with the automix going fine, but the karaoke always loads on the active deck, either cutting the DJ song off, or the current running karaoke song. What am I doing wrong?

Posted Thu 23 Apr 09 @ 8:51 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
The Karaoke works on which ever deck is selected as the Active deck. Make sure you keep which ever deck you are going to run the karaoke tracks on selected. With your example given this seems to be deck 1.

Posted Thu 23 Apr 09 @ 11:05 am
I have just found this post after searching for the very same problem. So far after an hour or so reading all threads relating to the Karaoke plug in I have still not found an answer.

For example, I have a music track playing in a deck. When I click 'next' from within the karaoke plug-in it stops dead the music track playing and loads the karaoke song into that same deck, whatever deck was playing and regardless of which deck is SELECTED!

So to clarify, I have an mp3 playing in deck ONE, I select deck TWO, click next to load karaoke track and it loads straight into deck ONE!

I then try playing an mp3 in deck TWO, I select deck ONE, click next to load karaoke track and it loads straight into deck TWO!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted Sun 30 Jan 11 @ 2:12 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
If I can remember rightly deck one (left) is the default for the karaoke plugin.

What I did in the past was to set up quite a few tracks in the playlist (right hand section) and set those away in automix, while the night progresses keep topping the list up with requests and your own selection.

At the bottom of the playlist I would add any karaoke requests, playing these when need be, cueing up and fading in between the automix, (hope you understood that)

So if you are using the karaoke plugin and keep the requests to the left hand deck and run the automix feature in between singers you shouldn't have a problem, don't forget if you are a bit light on singers you can always switch off the automix and revert to your normal style of mixing until you once again have singers, remembering to keep karaoke tracks to the left hand deck.

hope that helps.

Posted Sun 30 Jan 11 @ 6:54 pm
The procedure that you describe there Tayla is how to do it without using the plug in.

The plug in allows you to enter a singers name and lock it to a track in a list of singers. Then you click NEXT and the plug in loads the next one on the list displaying the singers name etc.

Even while running an automix on a deck, the plug-in always loads the karaoke track into the deck that is playing the automix, no matter which deck it is.

Posted Fri 04 Feb 11 @ 10:39 am
For bikerxxuk ... we had that same question, sometimes it appeared that the karaoke plugin would NOT choose the "active" deck ... and we weren't sure why.
It seems that the cross-fader might play a role in the software's decision? I know that since we started making sure the cross-fader was on the side we wanted to load (relative to center), we haven't had any more "surprise starts". It might be related to some of our other settings, of course.

Hope this helps! (and if someone knows that I'm completely wrong, it won't hurt my feelings to correct me, I'm just trying to learn too!)
Dan

Posted Thu 04 Aug 11 @ 12:54 pm
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I had the same problem with background music and the karaoke plugin tracks , after many hours of testing I figured out how to accomplish this;

1. Click off the two little lock icons over the software Fader.
2. Make deck B the main deck by clicking the small "M" icon to light up.
3. Load the AutoMix playlist with your Background Music tracks, Activate Autoplay and stop play with your controller.
4. Make deck A the main deck by clicking the small "M" icon to light up.
5. Drag the software Fader over to deck A side (And Leave It There, Don't Move It).
6. Deck A will be your main deck for KJin' with your karaoke plugin...
7. Use your Volume Levels in deck B to fade in and out your Music tracks (Not The Fader).

This will let you use deck "A" independently from deck "B" (Your background Music Tracks Deck) and control both decks from your controller...

Good Luck,

Joey...

Posted Thu 04 Aug 11 @ 6:26 pm
Where can I find the "Karaoke Plugin" that was talked about in this thread?

Posted Tue 18 Oct 11 @ 11:53 am
Never mind, I am guessing this is another plugin that is not available for Mac.

I am really regretting my purchase of Virtual DJ Pro. It seems everything I want to do is not available for Mac, ie. Visualizer (Sonique), DJF_Playlist tool, and now the Karaoke plugin.

Any chance these things will be ported to Mac, or should I start looking at a different DJ program?

Posted Tue 18 Oct 11 @ 11:57 am
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
You could play your karaoke files now, without the plugin...This is a "Plugin" not part of the core program, fine the author and "Ask" don't "Demand" and maybe they will make your dreams come true...

Good Luck,

Joey....

Posted Tue 18 Oct 11 @ 12:20 pm
I know I am capable of playing my files, I would like the added versatility of the plugin.

I am not "demanding", only stating that it is slightly pointless to buy a "Pro" version of this program when some of the best features (the additional plugins) are not available for Mac.

Sorry if I am coming across poorly, I am quite frustrated. Looking at my options now; getting a different program, or trying to run bootcamp.

Posted Tue 18 Oct 11 @ 1:09 pm

Posted Tue 18 Oct 11 @ 5:54 pm
Thanks Don, I will check that program out.

I already have a copy of VMware fusion that does the same thing. I haven't installed it yet because I don't own a copy of Microsoft Windows. I will have to see if their is a version I can pick-up that is fairly cheap.

Posted Tue 18 Oct 11 @ 7:17 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)