Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Numark Total Control & DJiO or Behringer BCD2000

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I searched in the forum and couldn't find the answer I'm looking for. I'm just getting my feet wet mixing and want to get the best controller for the lowest price. Which should I go with and why? I'm leaning towards the Total Control because it seems to get better marks than the Behringer, but I like that the Behringer is both controller and audio (plus it's cheaper). Thanks for your feedback!

Posted Mon 20 Apr 09 @ 12:04 pm
It depends what other equipment you want or need.

The Total Control is an excellent controller i have used mine for over a year now. I used to own a Behringer prior to this and wouldnt recommend it to be honest.

If you need a sound card then you'll need to but this in addition to the Total Control as there isnt one built in (there is on the Behringer). Another option is the Hercules RMX http://www.hercules.com/uk/DJ-Music/bdd/p/62/dj-console-rmx/ this is an extremely popular controller to be used with Virtual DJ.

It looks very proffessional and has a pretty good built in soundcard.

Hope that helps you a little bit.

Posted Mon 20 Apr 09 @ 1:34 pm
I would recommend Numark over Behringer...just make sure you get the DJ IO soundcard for it.

Remember, as with anything in life...you get what you pay for. You want something "cheap"...thats what you'll get when you buy the "cheaper" product...

Posted Tue 21 Apr 09 @ 1:10 am
I double that.
I owned a BCD300 - which is way better than the 2000 - but still had lots of trouble.
As I usually play as guest dj, I donĀ“t know what the electrical instalation looks like - if its grounded, etc. So, many times, maybe 7 or 8, on the middle of the set, if the voltage turns down, or some other heavy equipment is turned on - like ice machines on bars , the soundcard on the BCD simply FREEZES! No audio, no control, until I quit VDJ, turn it on and off, plug back in, and restart VDJ. Like a really BIG silence! Felt so stupid these times... Cause this is a known issue, and I didnt see that before buying.
So, sold it, bought Total Control and Dj/IO and now everything work flawless... even with a latency of 2ms!!
Spend a little more, but dont be amateur - thats what I learned.

Posted Mon 27 Apr 09 @ 2:50 pm
I would also recommend the Numark TC but if you can, go with the Hercules RMX, which in my opinion is the best way to go. Even the Numark Omni Control, which is similar to the Herc is better than the BCD...

DJ RuDeDoGG from SoCaLi!!!

Posted Tue 28 Apr 09 @ 3:50 pm
PLEASE TELLME WHY IDOWNLOAD MY CUE LE 5.2 AND ONLY GIVEME 20 DAYS TRIAL EVEN IF I PUT MY SERIAL NUMBER FROM MY SOTFWARE

Posted Sat 02 May 09 @ 7:35 pm
djhalcon wrote :
PLEASE TELLME WHY IDOWNLOAD MY CUE LE 5.2 AND ONLY GIVEME 20 DAYS TRIAL EVEN IF I PUT MY SERIAL NUMBER FROM MY SOTFWARE

Please check here: http://www.virtualdj.com/download/updates.html

You software should be downloadable from here. It would appear you have been downloading the trial version.

And please don't use claps lock - you do not need to shout =)

Posted Sun 03 May 09 @ 1:23 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)