Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: midiman audiophile firewire & virtual dj

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hello,

i would like to use virtual dj with my external midiman audiophile firewire soundcard and 2 turntables with timecode vinyl.

problem: audiophile soundcard just has one cinch stero input.

question: is it possible to use the second turntable (stereo cinch) with a converter at the s/pdif input? will virtual dj be able to read the timecode on that input correctly?

thanks for your help!

bye, bene

Posted Sat 12 Mar 05 @ 6:16 pm
Not with the demo....no
Andre

Posted Sat 12 Mar 05 @ 10:13 pm
...but with the full version?
thx, bp

Posted Tue 15 Mar 05 @ 8:54 am
Well witch sound card do you have?
Audiophile 2496?
Firewire 410?

Posted Wed 16 Mar 05 @ 6:49 pm
hello andre,

late answer, but here i am.

i was talking about the m-audio firewire audiophile. here is a link:
http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/FirewireAudiophile-main.html

and here you can see the backside:
http://www.midiman.de/fwap.htm

it has 4 inputs: 2 cinch, 1 midi, 1 s/pdif. if i use the 2 cinch for the 1st turntable, i still need a solution for the second turntable. my idea was to buy a "cinch to s/pdif" converter and use the 2nd turntable on the s/pdif input. my local audio dealer said this will not work, but he could not really explain why. waht do you think? does anyone has experiences with such a configuration?

alternatively i welcome all suggestions for a comparable hi quality soundcard:
24 bit / 96k
4 analog I/O (2 turntables, virtual dj, timecode, external mixer)
1 MIDI in
low latency / asio
usb 2.0 or firewire for mobile use
max. 300 - 400 euros

i know about the recommended maya 44, delta 44 and delta 66... none of them suit the above requirements.
edirol fa 101 and esi quatafire are imo too expensive for the quality / latency you get. rme is too far out of budget.
terratec fw 24 or usb 26 are supposed to have a brilliant sound / latency, but same input problem as the m-audio firewire audiophile...

thanks for your help / suggestions!

bp

Posted Sat 07 May 05 @ 2:13 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Benepugno,
I don't get it. With VDJ you need 2 analog inputs. It maybe mics, or lines. You don't need 2 phono inputs. If you plan to use regular records, you may use a "Y" split in wich one output is for your phono inputs of your mixer and the other for the PC input you may use. If so, the maya 44, delta 44 and delta 66, M-Audio 410. If you want another sound card maybe the VDJ don't work with ASIO mode and TCV with that one.

ACW_DJ from México

Posted Sun 08 May 05 @ 5:22 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)