Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: whats 'turn off UAC in Vista? mean

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Z0nkersHome userMember since 2009
Does VirtualDJ work on Windows Vista?

Yes (but be sure to turn off UAC in Vista)

whats UAC??

thanks

Posted Mon 13 Apr 09 @ 1:50 am
It is "USER ACCOUNT CONTROL".

It is the windows popup that appears when a programl is trying to install or do something that could potentially harm your PC (like a virus)

You see UAC when the screen dims and a prompt is asking you a question.

Even though many programs are only doing good things just like virtual DJ it still comes up.

Older versions of virtual dj had vista problems because it was trying to write to the C:/programs files driectory. Since VDJ 5 I believe this was fixed becuase the user data is now stored in "my documents"

turning this UAC feature off wont harm your PC but could cause a problem if a bad program like a virus is trying to harm your PC and windows WILL NOT alert you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_Account_Control

Please register your software serial numberto get full benefits of this great sofware title. You probably wont get much help till you do. I am nice.

Posted Mon 13 Apr 09 @ 2:31 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Quote :
Please register your software serial numberto get full benefits of this great sofware title. You probably wont get much help till you do. I am nice.

please don't do this, how do you know he has not just downloaded a trial version, and the second part of the quote is totally misleading and untrue. it gives out a negative perception to potential users of the help that is available on these forums. you prooved it yourself by helping the guy.... lol.

Posted Mon 13 Apr 09 @ 4:11 am
@djgreene.

Tayla is right here - i have been slammed by atomix for taking this attitude. By all means push using towards buying/registering their software but it isn't a condition of them receiving help on the forums.

@zonkers

Let us know how you get on......

Posted Mon 13 Apr 09 @ 4:18 am
no problem all... hope it gets fixed.. i have seen others saying this so just following.. wont do again (my wrists have been slapped) lol

Posted Mon 13 Apr 09 @ 9:52 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
no probs and thanks...

Posted Tue 14 Apr 09 @ 3:27 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)