Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Renaming a File...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

When I rename an mp3 when virtual dj is open it wont save it for the next time that I open virtual DJ. Does anyone know how to fix this...

Posted Thu 09 Apr 09 @ 8:01 pm
hey ryan - this is the permission issue i have been trying to get you to change via PM.

On your Mac follow these steps: Documents >> Virtual DJ >> Virtual DJ Datababe - Open the "Get Info" oprtion for the Database file. At the bottom ensure that the permissions are set to both Read & Write.

Ensure you do this for your Mac and any additional harddrives that VDJ uses.

Posted Thu 09 Apr 09 @ 8:55 pm
When I go to documents and open the virtual dj folder there is no folder or file named virtual dj database. The only folders and files i see are: Language.xml, playlists, plugins, sampler, shortcuts_default.xml, skins, tracklisting, and Virtual Dj 5 User guide

***I also tried doing it on my external HD and all of the folders say read only and it wont let me change it...

Posted Fri 10 Apr 09 @ 2:00 pm
Ok mate - it sounds as though your had drive will need formatting to be able to Read & Write on your Mac. Just make sure you back everything up first.

If you have no database file in documents i would suggest uninstalling - downloading again and reinstalling. This is a fundamental part of the software - it needs to there.

Posted Fri 10 Apr 09 @ 3:37 pm
im ready to give up on this thing, i've deleted and reinstalled vdj about 5 times now and the database file still doesn't appear

Posted Fri 10 Apr 09 @ 4:00 pm
disregard the last post....I now have a database file...lol, it was a permission thing, I wasn't clicking on the little rotary wheel on the bottom and that was the whole issue. Thanks for your help DJ Touchdan, you were right all along. As for the HD, Im going to go buy the seagate HD for MAC and add all of my music videos onto that. It might take awhile to name them all but once its done i should be good to go

Posted Fri 10 Apr 09 @ 4:07 pm
One thing you could try before you spend that money - do a google search for a program called MACFUSE. This may help you be able to read and write to your existing drive.

I have never used it so i can't say for sure if it will work - but the idea of the software is to be able to use Windows HD's within OSX.

Give it a go.....let me know how it goes.

Posted Fri 10 Apr 09 @ 4:21 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)