Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Mac Questions...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Just got my new macbook today and I have some questions/ problems with my macbook pro... I can't seem to get my skins to work with vdj... I download them and i can't get them to work properly after i drop them into the skins folder. Secondly, when i am using vdj and i drop a song onto the deck thats not playing the screen freezes for a second as the song is loading. The whole reason why i got the mac was to avoid having problems like that. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Here are my specs:

Macbook Pro
2.66 GHZ
4 GB
250 gb hard drive @ 7200 rpm
512 mb video card

Posted Mon 06 Apr 09 @ 6:51 pm
thanks Spinna, that worked perfectly!

Posted Tue 07 Apr 09 @ 1:55 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
No problem, glad you solved it;)

Posted Tue 07 Apr 09 @ 2:00 pm
Thanks! My mac screen froze also (music still played fine) but it was apain!
Thanks!!!

Posted Tue 07 Apr 09 @ 3:23 pm
No problem ddibbern;)

Posted Tue 07 Apr 09 @ 4:33 pm
Hey all. Ok im going to admit that Im stupid and every mac user has probably asked this question:

Im hesitant on investing the money on VDJ for my MAC. Every one that I have spoken to says that the MAC version is no good (mind you these are all PC users) Are the PC and MAC versions the same? Are they both V5.2?

Posted Tue 07 Apr 09 @ 7:48 pm
Hi Sinatrari, yes both are now at v5.2.1.

Mac version is stable too and if u purchase, u will get 2 version pc and mac and it can be installed at 2 machine at all time;)

Hope to see u with us soon;)

Posted Wed 08 Apr 09 @ 12:48 am
How do you cue a song without it being heard on an internal mixer. I have a mac G5

Posted Thu 09 Apr 09 @ 6:47 am
Hi,

My friend offered me his old Powerbook G4 (model nr: M8407). Even though I will get it cheap, I would like to know whether VDJ will work or if the computer is too old and slow - maybe its better to purchase a newer PC instead. Thankful for any suggestions. I will mainly use the computer for DJ'ing.

Best regards, P

Posted Wed 22 Apr 09 @ 11:19 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)