Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Hercules Controller/MacBook Errors

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Ok I have a MacBook running my virtual dj while the soundrive/mixer is the Hercules controller (not the remix)....

I've noticed the only way it even runs near normal is by selecting the 4in/out sound card option BECAUSE if I select the Hercules Controller MK2 as the sound card there is always an error in the sound card.

It also detects the time coded vinyl ONLY if I select the driver as Hercules DJ Controller MK2 Aggregate, it does not work if I choose Hercules DJ Controller MK2.

The problem with this is I can not hear the other deck in my head phones no matter what option the headphones are set on the Controller itself. In fact my headphone options depict how my music is played through my speakers. The only way the faders and volumes can be controller normally is if the head phone option if on "Split" anything else causes usually both songs to be heard at once no matter where the cross fader is or the volume. Also some of my hercules is not even controllable. I can not use the joystick to scroll, once it scrolls one time it stops. I can't loop from my controller unless puting in half the effort through the mouse on the laptop itself which even then I can't use one or the other it has to be both.

The input and output channels make no difference in my sound options it still makes my headphones completely useless, I Can only hear what I am playing.

My set up is 2 time coded vinyls. Speaker and Headphones. and the sound card is the 4in/out option

Does anyone else know how to make this just run normal? I had this working on my HP laptop which I feel like going back to because everything ran like a normal set up and ran perfectly normal.

Posted Mon 23 Mar 09 @ 7:32 pm
Once again I never get help in these forums, I'd really appreciate any kind of help before my gig this weekend. Virtual DJ themselves can't even contact me in time it feels like. its useless.

Posted Fri 27 Mar 09 @ 3:58 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)