Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: CDJ-400 Mapping in VDJ 5.1

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey everyone, finally got everything setup correctly thanks to Pulse and a few others, thanks again.

So my question is, since VDJ 5.1 now supports CDJ 400 and automatically mapped everything for me, it still missed the effect maps!

I know you can manually map the "General Midi" one but the CDJ-400 only has "Activate" and "Swap" options in the menu..

Does anybody know how to go about manually customizing some stuff?

Posted Wed 18 Mar 09 @ 4:01 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
What 'effect maps' ? If you are talking about using the effects processor built-in to the CDJ-400 then that is not possible.

Also, if you are using the PRO edition then you need to register the serial - or buy a license and stop using the illegally obtained one that you currently use.

Posted Wed 18 Mar 09 @ 11:17 am
Dude no, what are u talking about. I do have the registered one..
okay let me try re-explaining for you.
all i want to know is if it's possible for me to manually map some of the buttons on my cdj-400 to the effect buttons on virtual dj.
i know 5.1 and above has native support for the cdj-400 HENCE the icon u clikc on to activate in the menu, but i want know to if it's possible to still edit the mapping.

Posted Wed 18 Mar 09 @ 11:46 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi apster07, if u have the pro software pls do register it and upgrade to the most recent version. The console edition will not let u use any other hardware aside the herc, Thanks.

Posted Wed 18 Mar 09 @ 12:07 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
apster07 wrote :
all i want to know is if it's possible for me to manually map some of the buttons on my cdj-400 to the effect buttons on virtual dj.
i know 5.1 and above has native support for the cdj-400 HENCE the icon u clikc on to activate in the menu, but i want know to if it's possible to still edit the mapping.

I didn't think "Limited Edition" had support for hardware other than that which it was supplied with?

Posted Wed 18 Mar 09 @ 12:15 pm
lol GUYS.
EVERYTHING is set up already!
i do have the pro version!
my cdj 400's both work perfectly!
all i want to know if is it's possible to manually edit and MAP some of the buttons myself...

i dont feel like registering my software because i dont need it, ive heard theres too many problems from 5.1 to 5.2 so ill stick with what works and what i already have. Please why cant we just discuss the topic at hand?

Posted Wed 18 Mar 09 @ 12:16 pm
apster07 wrote :
i dont feel like registering my software because i dont need it
Because I know for a fact you are using a hack/crack and the serial starts with a W and ends in a G - well know serial that exists in the Warez areas of the web specifically with v5.1. Also, you have never placed an order here for the Pro version.

apster07 wrote :
ive heard theres too many problems from 5.1 to 5.2 so ill stick with what works and what i already have.

I use the CDJ-400 with v5.2.1 -- so guess you have heard wrong.

And if you truly had the Pro version you would have registered it so you could get things like the CDJ-400 MIDI mapping that you are not able to download right now - because you are a Limited Edition User.

apster07 wrote :
Please why cant we just discuss the topic at hand?

So, to be on topic - NO you can not CHANGE a Native mapping. If you choose to not use the Native mapping then you must completely map
the controller via MIDI and there you will lose all LED and DISPLAY features.

Posted Wed 18 Mar 09 @ 1:01 pm
so ur saying theres actually a tool that maps the native mode for cdj-400?

Posted Wed 18 Mar 09 @ 1:12 pm
So since you are using a hack -- now you try to contact Pro Users to download the MIDI mapper I spoke of and to email it to you? Hmmm.

Well you are about 1 more mistake away from loosing all access. You know it is better to admit your use of a crack than sit here an lie / deny that you are using one.

So, what will it be ?

Posted Wed 18 Mar 09 @ 3:07 pm
And poof he's gone.

Posted Wed 18 Mar 09 @ 3:42 pm
Sent: Wed 18 Mar 09 @ 10:56 pm
Subject: Re: hey whatsup bro
everythings done set up and all thats stopping me is to map one simple button, and im gonna spend 300 bucks for that?
u cant do me one litle favor?

This guy does not take a hint!

Posted Wed 18 Mar 09 @ 4:42 pm
Just couldn't stop could you ... gave you a warning ... now you are reduced for 'requesting access and attempting to get content by soliciting the help of Pro Users.'

Posted Wed 18 Mar 09 @ 6:45 pm
wtf? i sent that to him before even everything.

ok i dont know what drives both of you so much to sit there behind ur computer desks and be such ***'s
but i dont understand it.
go on ur little power trip and make a big deal out of everything.
all i wanted was a simple answer from the beginning.
and guess what wouldve happened to you both if i DID receive that 5 kb download..
ABSOLUTELY nothing.

go dj till u make a friend or two.

Posted Wed 18 Mar 09 @ 7:15 pm
How could you send it to him before everything ... you didn't even know it existed until I told you .... can't stop the lying can we ...

Well the point is that you have been around here for almost 3 years and you obviously like the software and even invested in the Mk2. I pointed out that you are using a crack. You then tried to deny it. Then you try getting users to download something that is only for Pro users. If you are making money using the software you should at least invest in it and support it.

I told you the answer to your question. The MIDI XML file will not help you as once you use it you will loose your Native features like the info on the displays. And, then you would be back complaining about that. Also, it's a MIDI XML file .. not a modified mapper that has the feature you want.

All the time you wasted asking for it - you could have mapped the button yourself in the General MIDI to work in conjunction with the Native mapping. So, I think you got the point on that their are people here that support the software and respect the software enough that if they are making money by using it -- then they buy the software.

The only thing that would bother me about you getting the file - is that their are users that obviously don't have the same sentiments about the software or community like the majority.

So, hopefully now you understand my statement made earlier -- 'easier to be truthful about using a crack than to lie or deny it'.

Chris
VirtualDJ Team

Posted Wed 18 Mar 09 @ 8:46 pm
djranesPRO InfinityMember since 2007
And this story has a very UGLY ending.

Posted Thu 19 Mar 09 @ 2:25 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)