Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Virtual Vinyl Time Codes

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi i was wondering if anyone is having a similar problem or could help me with the time codes, where at times it reads the vinyl good and have a perfect signal but recently virtual vinyl will not configure them and all get back is slow distorted music...i try to re position my tone arms, but it doesn't work. I clean the vinyl too and put them away when i don't use them, and i do not know if its my needles, which are pretty new and not used much or if i need to replace the time codes, which i've had for about 6 months and minimum use. I was also wondering if you can use Serato time codes instead of Virtual Vinyl and if so, how to configure them???

Posted Sat 14 Mar 09 @ 11:29 pm
gangz1PRO InfinityMember since 2008
You can use Serato Vinyl. I do because I can buy it locally. You have to choose "Noisemap" just above the TimeCode Signal Box instead of the VDJ default. I had a similar problem and cured it by replacing the vinyl. 6 months of average use is what I am told is the life of the TCV. I'm new to this virtual stuff so I really don't know for sure. But I did replace my old Virtual Vinyl with new Serato Vinyl and it works with the proper fine with the proper settings.

Posted Sun 15 Mar 09 @ 1:16 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Can you post a screenshot of the timecode signal.

Posted Sun 15 Mar 09 @ 5:30 am
xmarekHome userMember since 2009
I have same problem. I got 100% signal but re-position my tone arm, but it doesn't play where it should play. I use numark tcvs and my needels are about 1.5 years old, maybe someone can tell is this problem with my vinyls or I just have to change stylus.

Posted Wed 18 Mar 09 @ 6:10 am
I am using Virtual vinyl with 2 denon dns 1000..................i know i have hooked it up correctly but it won't read the timecode cd's. when attempting to configure it keeps telling me....to check the cables or the volume on the sound card......checked over and over still nothing. sometimes it says error in the Asio driver.

Posted Fri 22 May 09 @ 8:24 pm
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am using Virtual vinyl (4.3 r13) with 2 denon dns 1000, hooked the cables up correctly but it won't read the timecode cd's. when attempting to configure it keeps telling me....to check the cables or the volume on the sound card......checked over and over still nothing. sometimes it says error in the Asio driver. i downloaded the pro tccd, get the same results. i need help, please!

Posted Mon 25 May 09 @ 11:33 pm
I have a same problem as the original poster. I just posted my issue in the other tccd setup thread. I use serato interface, and i use both vdj and serato time codes, but what happens is after some time of playing, the sound becomes very distorted, in slow motion. I need to get this fixed QUICK!!! as i got gigs coming up.

Posted Tue 26 May 09 @ 11:21 pm
I have the exact same problemn...if anyone could please help me

Posted Thu 24 Sep 09 @ 3:41 am
k_onePRO InfinityMember since 2006
xmarek wrote :
I have same problem. I got 100% signal but re-position my tone arm, but it doesn't play where it should play. I use numark tcvs and my needels are about 1.5 years old, maybe someone can tell is this problem with my vinyls or I just have to change stylus.

1.5 years is a very period of use for styluses if you use them regularly. If you play gigs 1-2 times a week you should expect to replace your styluses about every 6-9 months to maintain best performance. (maybe even more often if you scratch a lot and/or use excessive tone-arm weight)
If your vinyls are the same age as the styluses you should definitely replace them.

Posted Thu 24 Sep 09 @ 5:17 am
Nor Cal Pro Sound wrote :
I am using Virtual vinyl with 2 denon dns 1000..................i know i have hooked it up correctly but it won't read the time code cd's. when attempting to configure it keeps telling me....to check the cables or the volume on the sound card......checked over and over still nothing. sometimes it says error in the Asio driver.

Sometimes, professional CD-players have an excessive sound output, so you might want to try out the pro-version of the time-code.
It is the same time code quality as the original, but -13dB in volumel.
That might just help ;)

http://www.virtualdj.com/products/timecode/VDJTimeCode_pro.mp3

Posted Thu 24 Sep 09 @ 5:19 am
darkgable68 wrote :
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am using Virtual vinyl (4.3 r13) with 2 denon dns 1000, hooked the cables up correctly but it won't read the timecode cd's. when attempting to configure it keeps telling me....to check the cables or the volume on the sound card......checked over and over still nothing. sometimes it says error in the Asio driver. i downloaded the pro tccd, get the same results. i need help, please!

You might want to consider upgrading from version 4.3 r13. That is really getting old, and IF you are using a MAC it is really not a stable version.
Try bumping it up to version 6.0.2 and see if that helps ;)

Posted Thu 24 Sep 09 @ 5:26 am
xmarekHome userMember since 2009
Hi, again problem with tcv's .Recently both of my vinyls are giving buzzing/whistling sound when mixing. Can anyone tell if is caused of quality of vinyls and stylus, mine are quite old actually and i'm planning to change them. Or mayby problem is in something els? sry about my english:)

Posted Tue 06 Oct 09 @ 3:00 pm
Xmarek, you have been on here since March, and still aren't a licensed user. I would suggest buying a real copy of the software, I think you'll be happier with the performance :)

Posted Fri 09 Oct 09 @ 3:53 pm
i just upgraded to virtual vinyl 6.... and i can't get it to work with my turntables

Posted Thu 26 Nov 09 @ 12:39 pm
@mjh99ent u sure buying it will get u help? lets see someone who brought it.... @kunllybam u got help?

Posted Mon 21 Dec 09 @ 9:33 pm
For those using CDJ's or Denon CD decks.. Use Virtual DJ CD-Old Engine(V4) which is the best one in VDJ 6.0.5. It works well and and scratching sounds good. Scratch away...

Posted Thu 24 Dec 09 @ 12:31 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)