Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Supacon...need help with your 1280X800 & 1440x900 Skins

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have been meaning to ask about this for awhile, just never got around to it.

When using these two resolutions of your skin (which I still think is by far the best one out there) I can not access some of the configuration parametes of the plug-ins because the "browers" are is too small to accomodate them....this is expecially annoying with the clipbank as I only get 12 squares instead of 16.

Is there any way to fix this?

Also I had an idea for a modification. Don't know if it is possible, but what about tabbed sidelist windows inside the main sidelist window. As I am playing and see the direction the night is taking I like to kind of set up "mini sets" as my brain thinks of them to play at different points in the night and there just isn't always enough space in the sidelist window. If I could have multiple sidelist windows selectable by tabs on top, sort of as if the sidelist windows was a file cabinet and each tab would be a folder that opened another sidelist and I could keep each "mini set" in a different folder?

This would also be handy for a friend of mine who uses VDJ for a strip club and he could set up multiple dancers each having there own tab in the sidelist?

What do you think, is that do-able and practicle to program? If you want to discuss it further you can pm me.

Posted Thu 12 Mar 09 @ 11:08 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Hi dj-e-lectric,

The sidelist is built in VDJ's skin engine. The behavior of the sidelist cannot be changed by any skinner who would like to mess up with the browser code.

I think the best solution for your strip club dj friend, would be to create virtual folders for each dancer.
You could also do the same for your "mini sets".

The issue with the browser being too small needs to be corrected by Supacon.

Posted Thu 12 Mar 09 @ 2:03 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
don't worry about clipbank there is only twelve squares,

Posted Thu 12 Mar 09 @ 2:16 pm
tayla wrote :
don't worry about clipbank there is only twelve squares,

My bad, I always thought there was suppossed to be 16 (4x4 grid).

Posted Thu 12 Mar 09 @ 10:16 pm
SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Well, I was going to say that if the browser area wasn't big enough for you, you could always get a bigger monitor, because I basically made these skins so that they would suit my need for a skin that could effectively utilize a 1680x1050 and 1920x1200 display - the taller versions of the skins that work on those monitors have LOTS of room in the browser area. I just made it so that the skins would work on these "lower" resolution displays, 1280x800, but I don't personally find it too comfortable being used to working with 1024 or more vertical pixels.

And yeah, there's really nothing I can do about your request, that's not something that VDJ lets you monkey with all too much.

Thanks for the compliments though - I'm glad you're still enjoying my skins!

Posted Thu 19 Mar 09 @ 8:57 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)