Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Wanting to modify a DAC2 mapper

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I would like to change the play button for cstoll's DAC-2 mapper to play when the play button is pressed instead of released. Is this something that I can change it myself? I do have some programming experience but I am not very familiar with c++. Are there any tutorials or resources available?

Posted Thu 05 Mar 09 @ 8:02 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
You would either have to obtain the source for his mapper or start from scratch. Plenty of help available here :)

Posted Thu 05 Mar 09 @ 11:01 pm
I think the source code would be enough for me. Would this be possible? Does anyone have it to give out? Assuming this is Kosher with cstoll.

I'm using version v1.0 RC2

Posted Fri 06 Mar 09 @ 1:27 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
You would have to ask him...

Posted Fri 06 Mar 09 @ 9:15 am
I have a modified version of this plugin that is designed for vj use. it has also had this issue fixed, and includes stuter play (when shift is held) variable cue point setting, variuble pitch and jog wheel bending (seperate) real time counters (adjusted with pitch) elapsed remain switching, auto transition changing (switchable, and can be set fo every XX presses of the match button), smooth video transition activation from the dac, sample firing from each deck (also changeable loaded sample is changeable from each deck) video transition changeable from dac (also resets auto transition changer to 0).

plus more, sorry got carried away, but so many features added over time, though never realsed as the base code is cstolls, and I have been unable to get a OK from him for release, though much of the code now is mine, and JPboggis's.

Posted Mon 09 Mar 09 @ 7:32 am
That's a shame you are not able to share the mapper. It kinda sounds just what I am looking for.

Posted Tue 10 Mar 09 @ 1:31 am
Just need cstoll to chime in with an OK! have tried release once before, but never got an ok im afraid.

Posted Wed 11 Mar 09 @ 7:55 am
Thanks so much!

Posted Wed 11 Mar 09 @ 1:21 pm
Awesome, give me a few days to type up some instructions, and I'll post it for release. Thanks cstoll.

Posted Wed 11 Mar 09 @ 11:46 pm
halo_djk great news to hear. I would really like to try your mapper. Seems to be what I am looking for.

Posted Fri 13 Mar 09 @ 8:38 am
New version now posted, waiting for approval, i'm afraid I'm not able to create self installer exe, but hopefully the team can fix this when approving!

Posted Mon 16 Mar 09 @ 10:15 pm
halo_djk the mapper works great! Better then any others I have tried. It is very responsive and the time you took to add little things like the end of track flashings and video transitions are great additions. Everything works nice and tight.

Kudos and thank you for posting this mapper. I can't wait to try it out this weekend!

Thanks.

~Dennis

Posted Wed 18 Mar 09 @ 7:55 am
dgruetter wrote :
halo_djk the mapper works great! Better then any others I have tried. It is very responsive and the time you took to add little things like the end of track flashings and video transitions are great additions. Everything works nice and tight.

Kudos and thank you for posting this mapper. I can't wait to try it out this weekend!

Thanks.

~Dennis

Thanks dgruetter.... a lot of work has gone into it over the past year or so, great to have good feedback about it. I have been using it for about 2 years and should already have all the bugs out now i think.

Posted Thu 19 Mar 09 @ 10:58 pm
Your work has paid off. I used it at last night's gig.

The mapper is perfect!

Thank you for releasing this to the community.

Posted Sat 21 Mar 09 @ 10:00 am
Your most welcome, keep tuned for a new version of the mapper in a couple of months.

Posted Mon 23 Mar 09 @ 3:23 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)