Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Performance issue: bpms adjusting too quickly

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

allbePRO InfinityMember since 2006
I've recently gotten a new laptop and re-downloaded VDJ Pro with new drivers for Windows Vista. The program works incredibly fast on my new machine but it's almost too fast. As I'm beatchmatching the displayed beats fluctuate greatly whenever I make even a small adjustment to the pitch or nudge the record.

Ideally, I'd like to be able to adjust the pitch slowly and see the beats speed up or slow down gradually. Is there an optimal setting to smooth the recalibration of BPMs as I'm beatmatching?

Thanks!

Posted Sun 01 Mar 09 @ 9:44 pm
Try adjusting your pitch range

Posted Mon 02 Mar 09 @ 4:28 pm
Just go into soundsetup,then timecode signals and you will see pitch sensitivity,you can increase the value to 500ms or more and that will solve the problem.

Posted Thu 05 Mar 09 @ 5:46 am
allbe wrote :
I've recently gotten a new laptop and re-downloaded VDJ Pro with new drivers for Windows Vista. The program works incredibly fast on my new machine but it's almost too fast. As I'm beatchmatching the displayed beats fluctuate greatly whenever I make even a small adjustment to the pitch or nudge the record.

Ideally, I'd like to be able to adjust the pitch slowly and see the beats speed up or slow down gradually. Is there an optimal setting to smooth the recalibration of BPMs as I'm beatmatching?

Thanks!

Are you using a controller (ie DMC2 or Dennon HD4500) or time code? I have the DMC2 and it is really sensitive by the default, but you download the DMC2 Mapper and the configurable sensitivity is much more "real."

So jog wheel, I would do as the above post says for time coding. If you have a DMC2 or other controller look for mapping files to adjust the jog wheel sensitivity.

If you are talking the pitch fader range, go into CONFIG (top right of the screen), click on the Options Tab, and then on the left colum, see the 3rd option down "Pitch Range." The least sensitive is +/- 6%. However keep in mind that this will allow you to only adjust your tempo up or down by 8 beats per minute. This is okay for most house DJs, but some radio DJs who do some crazing mixing between styles, that may be a problem.

Posted Wed 11 Mar 09 @ 8:07 pm
my sensitivity is set at 2000 for use with a maya 44 USB and 2 CDJ 800's .. is that good or should it be set to something else??

Posted Thu 12 Mar 09 @ 12:20 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)