Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Help with external soundcard

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello, newbie here. Just getting to grips with Virtual DJ. Got the LE version of Cue which is just about sufficient for my needs at the moment. Anyhoo got given an external soundcard for free so thought I'd play about with it. It's only got 1 stereo output but that's okay as I intend to plug the headphones straight into the laptop.

I've got Output set to Headphones, Soundcard set to 2 Cards, With the First card being the External and the Second card as the "primary sound card". The Output Channels are set to Master: First card, Headphones second card.

To my mind this should mean that the main mix should go to the Soundcard and on to the amp while I can PFL the next track in my headphones on the laptop. Sadly while I am getting a master out I'm still not getting any PFL volume. I've played around with all sorts of differnet Sound Setup configurations but this seems to be the most sensible to me.

If anyone has any ideas on what I'm not doing right I'd be very grateful.

Oh and yes the headphone volume is turned up and set to cue rather than mix.

Posted Fri 27 Feb 09 @ 12:55 pm
Hmm okay then so in my first post I have proved what a total fool I am....hello!

Turns out I spent 5 hours playing around with things trying to get them to work then my missus says...."Why have you got it on digital out?".

Hopefully my subsequent posts won't be so foolish.

Posted Fri 27 Feb 09 @ 1:37 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)