Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: New Video Effect: SBDJ Squares (Effect)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Hi all,

I've had a request to port the Squares transition to an effect, so I have done so :)

When activated, this plugin will divide the screen into repeated squares. As per the transition you can select the number of squares the screen is split into.

Because this is an effect, I've added a "random" mode. This allows you to let the effect choose the number of squares to divide into at random. The time between changes is controlled by a timer. There is also another slider to let you select an upper limit of squares when randomly changing. Normally you can divide upto 50x50, but thats often not practical, so you could set an upper limit of say 6x6 in random mode.

I'm hoping to make this plugin available on both PC and Mac. The PC version is ready now, hopefully I will have a chance to try and port it to Mac this weekend.

Thoughts?

Regards,

Scott

Posted Thu 26 Feb 09 @ 11:11 pm
I've also just added a "Blink" option that gives a square a 50/50 chance of being displayed or left blank :)

Posted Thu 26 Feb 09 @ 11:19 pm
This is great SBDJ,

Just played with it and it looks really cool.

Thanks buddy !!!

Posted Fri 27 Feb 09 @ 12:54 am
I can't find it for the life of me, only the transition?

Posted Fri 27 Feb 09 @ 1:21 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
thank you very much scott, when i asked for this and other screen effects to be associated with it's own "video output" - "screen output" tab i had no idea it would come about so quickly especially guessing how many other projects you must be working on, a lot of users including myself are going to be really happy with this new function, now just stand back and wait for the barrage of numerous effects your certainly going to be asked for... thanks again.

now i've got this idea for a..... lol

Posted Fri 27 Feb 09 @ 1:29 am
halo_djk wrote :
I can't find it for the life of me, only the transition?

I haven't uploaded it yet, djanthony must be confused ;)

Posted Fri 27 Feb 09 @ 5:32 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
lol, he is, just talking to him now, any idea on upload time scott

Posted Fri 27 Feb 09 @ 5:40 am
Please tell me its for Mac too??

Posted Fri 27 Feb 09 @ 8:07 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
SBDJ wrote :

I'm hoping to make this plugin available on both PC and Mac. The PC version is ready now, hopefully I will have a chance to try and port it to Mac this weekend.

Posted Fri 27 Feb 09 @ 12:36 pm
my bad - thanks for pointing that out!!

Posted Fri 27 Feb 09 @ 12:41 pm
I had 5 minutes to spare earlier, managed to get this mostly ported to Mac. There seems to be an issue with the blink function to iron out, but other than that it seems to work as on the PC.

This is my first OpenGL plugin too, very different to DirectX!

Posted Sat 28 Feb 09 @ 5:07 am
SBDJ wrote :
I had 5 minutes to spare earlier, managed to get this mostly ported to Mac. There seems to be an issue with the blink function to iron out, but other than that it seems to work as on the PC.

This is my first OpenGL plugin too, very different to DirectX!

Scott, any news with this effect?

Posted Mon 13 Apr 09 @ 1:20 am
Just uploaded this effect; Mac version to follow. All Mac development is unfortunately on hold as I'm moving house and my dev mac is one of the things that has had to go into storage temporarily.

Posted Tue 30 Jun 09 @ 8:26 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)