Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Here we go at last...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hey folks...i'm about 2 weeks away from getting this great program and i can't wait man!

Anyway, i've been reading loads of posts from the site, but just have a question or two...

Let's say this homebuild of mine has the following spec:

P4 2.4 Ghz
768 mb ram
80gb hdd
2 x soundcard
agp graphics card
5,000 + tracks
only win xp and vdj on the system

i do smaller gigs (birthdays, weddings, etc) and don't have the need for masses of equipment. what i do have seems to be functioning just fine (touch wood) at the venues i play at. with this in mind, i have a tendancy to go straight from soundcard into amp and from there onto speakers, which, as i say, is sufficient for now...

so let's say i've got deck a on soundcard 1 and deck b on soundcard 2. how can i work a set of phones from this set up? simple question probably has a simple answer, but i've been visualising this for ages and trying to get a way for it to work but can't quite get it into my head. (spot the inexperienced virtual dj'er!! - i've been using another program without phones until now...)

as i say, 2 weeks away from verging onto full licence but want to be absolutely sure i'm doing the right thing...not by buying VDJ, but from a computer perpective...

any help or advice greatly appreciated

cheers

chris :o)

Posted Thu 03 Mar 05 @ 12:49 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
You need the full version, a mixer and then you can cue as usual..

Play in a wedding without a mixer ...? i dont think so...

Posted Thu 03 Mar 05 @ 3:23 am
djjbPRO InfinityMember since 2004
i think you mean monitoring.
only in the full vdj you can set player a to soundcard 1 and player b to soundcard 2 and headphones to the internal soundcard.(for example)

...tadaaaah.....

Posted Thu 03 Mar 05 @ 7:50 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Actually, it's simpler than that, if you won't be using an external mixer. Software, mouse & keyboard only:

Use souncard 1 to cue (monitor) the songs (that is, plug in the headphones), while using the second soundcard for main output (directly to amp).

As already mentioned, this option is not avalible with the trial version though, that is why you couldn't test it.

Regards.

Posted Thu 03 Mar 05 @ 11:45 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)