Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Strange warning?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

After going from 4.3 to 5.1.2 on adwise from mr. Skyfxl, I get this odd warning window every time I close the Virtual Vinyl program down:

Virtual Vinyl

Warning!

The system was unresponsive (%s).

Virtual Vinyl has performed a recovery, and should now work ok again.

Still, you might want to restart the software next time it's convenient enough for you to do so.

The problem is, that the next I start and close it down again - the same warning window comes up! What up with that!?

My OS is still 10.5.6 on a regular Macbook.

Posted Wed 25 Feb 09 @ 6:24 pm
Its not really a big deal. It happens to me 80% of the time and really dosnt do anything... "wrong" to the system. Its shutting the program anyway :)

you like 5.1.2 better though?

Posted Wed 25 Feb 09 @ 6:54 pm
Well, I am one of those annoying types who just can't live with error and warning messages on my computeres. My experience tells me that if these messages are coming up and there is no logical explanation for them - you can suddenly become very badly surprised. Disaster in a live situation with maybe 4000 people in front of you!

There MUST be a solution to get VV to run and close right without the warning message, or...? In the worst case re-installation?

Could it be remains from the old 4.3 although I carefully uninstalled this before I installed 5.1.2 - (I think)? Could not get the APPDelete to work, but bysides the program it self and the Numark Cue map in Dokumentes, I did remove the *Users/yourname/Library/Preferences/com.atomixproductions.cuele.plist I think it was called, by myself.

Have not had it out on the clubs yet, so I do not know whether it runs better when the sound pressure etc. will be added. I'm somewhat nervous, I must say.

Posted Wed 25 Feb 09 @ 8:54 pm
I have found out that the warnings ONLY comes up when the VV interface box is selected in "Sound card (s)", under "Sound Setup" in Settings. Can it be an error the computers USB, it does'nt matter which of the 2 I chose?

Posted Wed 25 Feb 09 @ 10:22 pm
The only error i have ever experienced when closing VDJ was on my Windows machine. The problem was is the database wasnt saving before VDJ stopped the process.

I don't know whether this could be a similar problem - i do not experience on my mac so maybe not.
Just a thought.

Posted Thu 26 Feb 09 @ 3:57 am
you know, i think it is the VV box as well... that must be it. it dosnt have the message when its disconnected....

Posted Thu 26 Feb 09 @ 11:11 am
lamont76 wrote :
you know, i think it is the VV box as well... that must be it. it dosnt have the message when its disconnected....

Nope, tryed another VV box belonging to a friend of mine, and still the same warning when closeing the program ig the box is selected in "sound card(s)". Mine does'nt make any trouble with 4.3 or on PC in generel either, only on my Mac with 5.2.1.

Posted Thu 26 Feb 09 @ 1:53 pm
I dont think lamont was suggesting your box was faulty - what we're saying is that in general there is a problem closing down when "the vv soundacard is connected".

Have you tried disconnecting the soundcard before you exit virtual dj??

Posted Thu 26 Feb 09 @ 3:25 pm
djtouchdan wrote :
I dont think lamont was suggesting your box was faulty - what we're saying is that in general there is a problem closing down when "the vv soundacard is connected".

Have you tried disconnecting the soundcard before you exit virtual dj??

Still the warning! :-( To avoid I have to go into "Sound Card(s)" and change the setting not to be the VV box. Then it's ok for the VV box to be pluged in the USB, just as long as it is not actived in "Settings".

Posted Thu 26 Feb 09 @ 3:47 pm
Well atleast you have a work around - sounds a bit strange though.

As no one else has commented having the same problem - you could try putting in a ticket and see vdj support can throw any light on it.

Posted Thu 26 Feb 09 @ 4:15 pm
I get the same warning message all the time but it doesn't create any real problems, it's just annoying is all.

Posted Thu 26 Feb 09 @ 10:17 pm
agreed ^

when i am just building my library w/ the computer itself, no warning.

Posted Fri 27 Feb 09 @ 11:23 am
lamont76 wrote :
agreed ^

Say WHAT...?

Posted Fri 27 Feb 09 @ 11:55 am
Still no idea what this issue is all about, guys?

Posted Mon 02 Mar 09 @ 11:48 pm
ClubKid wrote :
lamont76 wrote :
agreed ^

Say WHAT...?

when i am using the computer ONLY, w/o the virtual vinyl card connected, i get no such error... so if im editing a song without my turntables and just using my computer, all is good. try it :)

Posted Tue 03 Mar 09 @ 7:48 pm
lamont76 wrote :
ClubKid wrote :
lamont76 wrote :
agreed ^

Say WHAT...?

when i am using the computer ONLY, w/o the virtual vinyl card connected, i get no such error... so if im editing a song without my turntables and just using my computer, all is good. try it :)

Ohh, that IS the way I do, mostly cause it's much easyer :) I got the ticket back, and the it basicly said It is known and we should live with it untill som update.

Posted Tue 03 Mar 09 @ 9:11 pm
Had a feeling it would be a known problem as i can't believe it is only you.

Atleast they are aware and hopefully looking for a fix in the next release anyway.

Posted Wed 04 Mar 09 @ 6:59 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)