Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: In search of a video effect to blur image while activated

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DNAentPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Is their a Video Effect or plugin that will blur the image so explicit content can be unseen? It doesn't have to blur the video, it can swirl it around or any crazy cool thing but make the video unrecognizable for a few seconds while activated.

I have looked but have found nothing. right now all I have found that works close is called 4 square (i think) it moves the video around the screen real fast and it is hard to focus on it.

Dave

Posted Sun 22 Feb 09 @ 12:58 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
be much easier to do this in your own video editor.

Posted Sun 22 Feb 09 @ 4:09 am
Yeah, I think it would be much easier to do this using a video editor like sony vegas or similar. Then you won't have a problem if you forget to do it some time.

But if you do want some effects

http://www.petewarden.com/PetesPlugins_FreeFrame1.15.zip

This is a pack of quite a few different "freeframe" plugins. You just download them, open the folder and then copy and paste the ones you wnat into the virtualdj video effects folder.

I'm sure there must be a blur effect of something similar in there.

Posted Sun 22 Feb 09 @ 5:47 am
DNAentPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Thank you for your input. I did not think it would be that hard my old software had it built into the video effects. I agree that using an editing tool would be good. but what if I missed a video i would be in the same situation. I also do club events where I need the full unedited video. I will check the link you provided and see what i can some up with.

Thank you
Dave

Posted Sun 22 Feb 09 @ 6:24 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)