Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Not analysing full song!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Wozza9PRO InfinityMember since 2005
I have analysed a few songs and they all play fine, but I have a few which are not being "imported" correctly. I mean, the track is say, 6 minutes long, but only 3 minutes of it can actually be played. Virtual DJ also displays the track lenth is 3 minutes, but I know it's not and can play the whole track in media player or another player.

Any ideas?

Posted Tue 01 Mar 05 @ 6:17 pm
myselfPRO InfinityMember since 2004
This may be something to do with the max load setting. If you set it to 10mins then it will be OK. I think, hopefully a tech man will confirm this. But try it for now anyhow. It's in the options/config settings. Cheers Craig

Posted Tue 01 Mar 05 @ 6:41 pm
PJayPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Its to do with anylizing WMA files. i think at the moment if you anylize the library, then it will only show your wma's as 50%
I think the way around it is to load the files into a deck and anylize them that way

Hopefully this will be fixed in the next release

PJay

Posted Tue 01 Mar 05 @ 7:26 pm
Hello Thred!
I have run into this a few times two & would like to see it fixed as well.
Thanx
QuadmanDJ (USA)

Posted Wed 09 Mar 05 @ 8:58 pm
K so.. once the program has analyzed a song and decided its 1/2 length.. how do I undo that and get the rest of my song(s) back? Any suggestions? I suppose I could remove and reinstall the program, but it does have the correct length for a lot of them and I would prefer not to have to start from "scratch" if possible.

Posted Mon 14 Mar 05 @ 5:14 pm
Pleeeease, how do I undo that and get the rest of my song back?

Posted Wed 16 Mar 05 @ 11:12 am
Convert all to mp3 i think would be the best solution
Andre

Posted Wed 16 Mar 05 @ 7:02 pm
This is really a MAJOR software flaw. As we can read from another areas of the forum, this bug affects two things: 1. the songs are cut in half and 2. the volume is not analysed correctly.
So issue number 1 occurs on WMA files and issue number 2 is related to VBR files.

I tried the Analyse function (right click: analyse) with the following versions of VDJ: Hercules Console Edition; Hercules Console UPGRADED; VDJ 2.02; VDJ 2.05; and VDJ 2.06. In all of these versions, the analysed songs resulted in ERRORS. I still can't find a solution (apart from uninstalling all VDJ software, reinstalling and load all tracks, one-by-one, at the decks).

So I beg to the support staff of this forum: do you know if the development team is working on this problem? Is there going to be a patch available online to fix this bug?

Posted Thu 17 Mar 05 @ 11:30 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)