Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Which controller best works with Virtual DJ?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

RabizPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Besides Numark Total Control. I am not happy with total control. it has a firmware issue, i did everything updated firmware, did that diagnostic test synsyx, but still continues to give me problems depending how long I dj, the lights freeze up and the controller basically won't respond. I'm definitely going to upgrade to another controller, but there are quite a few to choose from. I've been looking into Vestax, and Hercules. which controller best works with Virtual DJ?

thanks,
Raffi

Posted Wed 18 Feb 09 @ 5:56 pm
Hi there - i currently own a TotalControl like yourself. and i am also slightly unhappy with it - but it did get me through a long summer working abroad, so i'm not putting it down - just feel an upgrade in order.

I have my mind set on the Hercules RMX DJ Console at the moment. Although not natively supported by VDJ 5.2.1 it will be in the next update which hopefully isnt too far away. It can still be used using custom mappings etc available on the website so its good to go.

Plus it has the advantage of having a built in sound card which can work as a timecode sound card to hook up tutntables etc etc - or use it as a solo mixer with cd players.

At the end of the day every controller/mixer/midi device will have its pros and cons. my advice to you would be to search through the forums on here and see what people are saying about different controllers. some comments are good and some are bad - but atleast you'll be able to pick one that suits your needs.

Hope that helps mate.

Posted Wed 18 Feb 09 @ 6:16 pm
RabizPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Thanks!

Posted Wed 18 Feb 09 @ 6:30 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
I own both the TC and the RMX, as well as a couple of iCDXs. There is no such thing as "the best". It all comes down to personal preference.

Posted Wed 18 Feb 09 @ 11:08 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
It also depends on what you are looking for - a full Mixer/Controller combo, or just a controller with no mixer section, as well as what functionality you want to use on that controller.

Posted Thu 19 Feb 09 @ 6:35 am
I use dac3 with jpboggis's mapper for 2 years and I'm pleased with it. But you'll need an external mixer because dac3 does not have a crossfader.

Posted Thu 19 Feb 09 @ 1:12 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
So far out of most of the popular ones, the Denon 4500 is my favorite.

Posted Thu 19 Feb 09 @ 1:28 pm
djtouchdan wrote :
I have my mind set on the Hercules RMX DJ Console at the moment. Although not natively supported by VDJ 5.2.1 it will be in the next update

The Hercules DJ RMX console IS natively supported in VirtualDJ v5.2.1 (It includes a free limited Console Edition of VirtualDJ v5.2)

Posted Thu 19 Feb 09 @ 9:29 pm
I stand corrected.

Posted Thu 19 Feb 09 @ 9:46 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)