Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: How much each loop values represent In Inches?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

dydy1PRO InfinityMember since 2006
How much each loop values represent In Inches from 1/4 Beat----> thru 32 Beat?

The short cut examples only gives 3 examples: If param is absolute, it will activate/deactivate a loop on this number of beat (use "50" for half beat, "25" for quarter and "125" for eighth).

I need to map one button on the player to move thru the different loop cycle by those increments!

Also, Is there a way to mark the IN loop from one of my Hot starts without actually playing the song from that point?

Posted Wed 11 Feb 09 @ 4:20 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
dydy1 wrote :
How much each loop values represent In Inches from 1/4 Beat----> thru 32 Beat?

Inches are a length of measurement and really have nothing to do with loop size.

dydy1 wrote :
The short cut examples only gives 3 examples: If param is absolute, it will activate/deactivate a loop on this number of beat (use "50" for half beat, "25" for quarter and "125" for eighth).

I need to map one button on the player to move thru the different loop cycle by those increments!

You can use a relative value - for example +1, whiich will increase loop size. Say you use this shortcut and have a loop of 1 beat, pressing it will increase the loop to 2 beats, then 4, then 8 and so on. Another shortcut can do -1, as it will continue to increase in size rather than cycle. If you are creating a C++ plugin you can obviously control this.

dydy1 wrote :
Also, Is there a way to mark the IN loop from one of my Hot starts without actually playing the song from that point?

You could use a macro shortcut that jumps to the cue point [goto_cue x] and sets a loop [loop x or loop_in] but doesn't actually start playing.

Posted Wed 11 Feb 09 @ 4:49 pm
dydy1PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Thank you for your input. I wish that I knew how to create a plugIn using C+++.

I will use your input to create my XML mapper!

Posted Wed 11 Feb 09 @ 5:32 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)