Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: PIONEER Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 5

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Not 100% sure but play around with the config / settings to make sure it's not bungled somewhere - I've done it before myself!

Posted Sat 25 Apr 09 @ 12:35 am
I don't need to do anything else. It works and I'm leavin' it alone!! Lol. Only once in a while when I fire everything up for the first time of the day I'll get that error message but then I go down the check list that I laid out earlier and all is fantastic! No worries, it's all good.

RuDe

Posted Sat 25 Apr 09 @ 1:42 am
Hey Guys I Am new here. I have a pair of CDJ 800 MK1. I wanted to upgrade to the CDJ 800MK2. Now the problem is i been using my friend's notebook and playing with VDJ I love it. I also love my CDJ's and i dont see it supported in the remote control page. I want to know if they can work with VDJ without the timecode cd (thats kinda confusing) Please let me know as i would like to use this software. I have been using PCDJ and for the few times i used VDJ i like way better than PCDJ.

Thanks

Posted Mon 27 Apr 09 @ 7:35 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Mad Squad Sounds wrote :
Hey Guys I Am new here. I have a pair of CDJ 800 MK1. I wanted to upgrade to the CDJ 800MK2. Now the problem is i been using my friend's notebook and playing with VDJ I love it. I also love my CDJ's and i dont see it supported in the remote control page. I want to know if they can work with VDJ without the timecode cd (thats kinda confusing) Please let me know as i would like to use this software. I have been using PCDJ and for the few times i used VDJ i like way better than PCDJ.

Thanks

The CDJ-800 is a standard CD player and not a MIDI controller and therefore you would need to use it with Timecode.
If you are going for the 'controller' angle I would look at the CDJ-400 or other table-top controller.

Posted Mon 27 Apr 09 @ 8:23 am
hey cstoll how difficult is it to set up the timecode. It seems like lots of people have problems with them.and also would i be able to loop and stuff . I just want to know if i can control all the functions of VDJ from On The CDJ 800.

Thanks For Your Help

Posted Mon 27 Apr 09 @ 8:35 am
You can not control all the functions of VirtualDJ from a CDJ-800. VirtualDJ will respond to the functions taking place on the timecode by the CDJ-800. So for example if you put the timecode in a loop, then VirtualDJ recognizes that and loops the track.

If you are looking to control VirtualDJ externally then a CDJ-400 or other controller is what you are looking for. But a lot of the decision should be based on your mixing style and not hardware preferences.

Posted Mon 27 Apr 09 @ 8:53 am
Hi Pulse,

You mentioned that the MEP-7000 will be supported in VDJ6, but what are the support options for the SEP-C1 on it's own?

Does it use the capabilities of the display or is it just a controller with basic native support?

Posted Tue 28 Apr 09 @ 7:02 am
Keith -- just as we will not divulge specifics about the next version ... nor will any of the product reps for the respective companies.

Posted Tue 28 Apr 09 @ 8:07 am
Hi Chris, I understand that (or I should by now) :), I suppose my question was incorrect. What I am asking is whether the SEP-C1 will work as a standalone unit with VDJ as I don't want the whole MEP-7000 with the base unit as I never play any CD's or DVD's.

It's been mentioned on another forum that VDJ6 will natively support the full MEP-7000 unit but the SEP-C1 is half the price and is just the MEP-7000 without the base. The Pioneer DJS software is not great in my opinion. If the SEP-C1 will work on it's own is all I'm after .... hopefully it's not going to break any confidentiality by simply saying if it will work or not.

Thanks - Keith

Posted Tue 28 Apr 09 @ 8:15 am
Not to sound to much like the smart ass that I usually am ... but if the SEP-C1 is the control unit of the MEP-7000 and all the action takes place through the SEP-C1 ... and the MEP-7000 will be 'supported' as you and Pulse has mentioned ... then the SEP-C1 is really the 'supported' item correct?

Posted Tue 28 Apr 09 @ 9:22 am
Hi Chris,

I would assume so, but I just wanted confirmation. There seem to be limits as to what the control unit can do without the base plugged in, for example you need the extra £600 base unit just to play media from a flash drive. I have a Denon HC4500 which is great, but after a years use the buttons are starting to fail and I always found Pioneer gear to be very good.

I hesitated on buying the Pioneer one as it was really only supported by DJS, but if I can use it with VDJ6 then that would be brilliant.

Thanks for your help.

Keith

Posted Tue 28 Apr 09 @ 9:36 am
kradcliffe wrote :
Hi Chris,

I would assume so, but I just wanted confirmation. There seem to be limits as to what the control unit can do without the base plugged in, for example you need the extra £600 base unit just to play media from a flash drive. I have a Denon HC4500 which is great, but after a years use the buttons are starting to fail and I always found Pioneer gear to be very good.

I hesitated on buying the Pioneer one as it was really only supported by DJS, but if I can use it with VDJ6 then that would be brilliant.

Thanks for your help.

Keith

Keith ... come on -> you asked if the unit will work with VirtualDJ for controlling VirtualDJ right? So who cares about the base unit for using CDs or a flash drive? Where is your music going to come from a flash drive or CD? No, from VirtualDJ.

Posted Tue 28 Apr 09 @ 9:51 am
Hi Chris,

No, I'm not planning to use CD or external media, what I was trying to say is that it is unclear from Pioneer's literature what the control unit will do on it's own without the base.

I would like to buy the SEP-C1 control unit on it's own to use with VDJ natively basically.

Posted Tue 28 Apr 09 @ 10:08 am
The SEP-C1 IS the control unit. MEP-7000 is the name of the SEP-C1 combined with CD/DVD player part. So yes, if VDJ will support the MEP-7000 it WILL support the SEP-C1 which is the only part of the MEP-7000 that could possibly interface with VDJ, so you're good and clear now righty? I have the MEP and am waiting patiently. If you haven't already bought the MEP or SEP you might consider a pair of CDJ-400's. I use these as well and am very satisfied with the native support offered them by VDJ and I think you will gain better control of it's features using CDJ's. So IMHO the only reason to use a MEP-7000 would be for the CD/DVD/CD+G capability but since you only want the SEP part of it you may want to reconsider, unless your aim is to stay with a 19" rack mounted control unit, in that case save yourself a bunch of money and get a Numark DMC2, I have one of those also and it is a great little unit, specifically made to use with VDJ.

DJ RuDeDoGG from SoCaLi!!

Posted Tue 28 Apr 09 @ 3:17 pm
It breaks down like this... The SEP is the control unit, the MEP is the control unit plus the drive unit.

When using only the SEP (which stands for Software Entertainment Player), you have a fancy controller which will only work with a computer. With the current version of VDJ it controls via MIDI only. As mentioned, the future version(s) will support native mode control but that's all I can say for now.

When using the MEP (Multi-Entertainment Player), not only do you have the controller, but also the CD and USB sources... which aren't all that useful when using the software. HOWEVER! The drive unit also features dual soundcards so you can route the VDJ audio through it and switch between the software and any of the hardware based sources at any time with ease, without changing channels or inputs on your mixer.

To be perfectly honest, you'd be stupid to buy the SEP; you can't upgrade to add the drive unit later (as it's not available separately) and the SEP by itself is a very expensive controller.

Posted Thu 30 Apr 09 @ 11:55 am
Thanks Pulse,

I never knew the SEP never had a soundcard, so it's pretty useless. Why did they ever think of releasing it on it's own?

I already own a DN-HC4500 with a good sound card built in, and it is £200 less than just the SEP on it's own which is £629

I don't really want the bulk of carrying the base unit around just for the sound card, and it is £1239 which I think is wayyyy too expensive for what it is.

Ah well, back to the drawing board. The SEP would be perfect if it had a soundcard, and the MEP would be sort of perfect if it wasn't so expensive!

Posted Thu 30 Apr 09 @ 1:15 pm
Good show Pulse, nice explaination.

Go with the two CDJ 400's they are far cheaper than the MEP, they have their own built-in sound cards AND they play CD's when you need them plus they interface well with Virtual DJ. It's what I use these days.

Good luck.

DJ RuDeDoGG from SoCaLi!!

Posted Thu 30 Apr 09 @ 2:06 pm
hey guys,

I have my cdj 400's hooked up correctly and everything is working well. My only problem is that the sound level drops dramatically when hooked upto vdj in pc mode compared to when i use it with a normal cd. Anyone know why that is or how to fix the sound level?

Posted Wed 06 May 09 @ 8:05 am
It could be the sound card config you are using. How is it set up within VDJ? Lay it out for me, I may be able to help. I personally don't have this problem with my 400's.

DJ RuDeDoGG

Posted Wed 06 May 09 @ 1:01 pm
Could very well be that the channel levels in VDJ are low. Use the onscreen dial to adjust it.

Posted Fri 08 May 09 @ 4:11 pm
11%