Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Set-up with (2) Denon DN-S5000 and Pioneer DJM909

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have the current system. (2) Denon DNS5000 (1) Pioneer DJM909. I would still like to use these items and wanted to know what hardware people are using to run VDJ.

I see Numark\'s Virtual Vinyl described, but was wondering the following:

1. Numark\'s Virtual Vinyl looks like it comes with CUE software. Is this just another name for Virtual DJ. I downloaded the VDJ trial and was very pleased and would like to continue with that interface. I watched DJ Larry D\'s sample videomix on this site so I\'m hopeful I\'m on the right track.
2. Once I get this going, I found some DNS5000 skins online and would like to know if I have the skin, will this make my 5000s have the same button function as the software?
3. If I purchase Numark's Virtual Vinyl Package (approximately $499-US), will I need to purchase any additional hardware/software to use. I've been searching through these forums and see discussions surrounding Maya 44USB, different types of soundcards, headphone cueing. I'm hoping that if I decide to go with Numark's Virtual Vinyl, I'm good-to-go right out of the box (and after I download the timecoded CD file)
4. This is the laptop I will be using. HP Pavilion dv9827cl. Without going into all laptop specs, it has 4GBs of RAM and an AMD Dual Core Processor @ 2.1Ghz. During my trial, I had to shut down all Vista visualization to stop the videos from freezing when I would mouse over the virtual deck and scratch. But after turning Vista features off, looks like it works fine. Question -- anybody have any success/failures with these notebook specs during a live gig. Cutting and scratching is one thing, but freezing and hiccuping video during live shows is another.

Thanks for your help! My next gig is in 2 weeks and I would like to get at least a few days of practice in with the hardware/software set-up so if someone could respond soon, I would greatly appreciate it. I sent an email with these same questions to the guys at Virtual DJ/Atomix on 01-21-09, but haven't received a response, but I'm hopeful this forum will have all the answers.

Thanks again!

Posted Tue 03 Feb 09 @ 1:28 am
Also, I plan on exporting video-mixes through a projector. The projector has composite inputs only (Red, White, Yellow). I googled this and it appears people have problems connecting VGA to composite. Any help on that would be appreciated as well.

Thank you for your help!

Posted Tue 03 Feb 09 @ 1:41 am
The admins here are very strange guys to explain you, even some "pro users" ,because they see
you are not a licenced user ,so they might not answer (i am also a not linenced user but i dont care...).

First you have to see if in download/tools area ,there is an appropriate patch - update that
will make you s5000's work with VDJ (i am not sure also if any extra hardware is needed).

Me also own 2 S5000 but now i have stopped playing with CDS,,, the best i would
suggest is that you buy DN-HC4500 (which works perfect with VDJ) .

This is where the future goes, no CDS anymore... only the music from your PC ,manipulated
from an external DJ controller (just google DN-HC4500 or youtube search DN-HC4500+VirtualDJ)
and see what it does :)

Glad i could possibly help in a way...

Practice makes better...

JIm

Posted Tue 03 Feb 09 @ 3:23 am
But.... if you really want so much to use your equipment with VDJ, then you need
VIRTUALVINYL (hardware approx. 499$) and TIMECODES (0$) .
All you do is connect the hardware (DN-S5000) to VIRTUALVINYL and you
pc and set it up to work with VDJ ,then you burn 2 audio CD's with the
TIMECODE files, and then setup virtualdj to work properly with TIMECODES.

Then you will be able to control you music files in your pc using your dn-s5000
(first dn-s5000 for left deck and the other for the right deck) and using
you mixer you will be able to mix and cue normally ,without needing your
4.1 soundcard.

Thats all, but for me personally i suggest definetely DN-HC4500.

Practice makes better...

Posted Tue 03 Feb 09 @ 3:36 am
But.... if you really want so much to use your equipment with VDJ, then you need
VIRTUALVINYL (hardware approx. 499$) and TIMECODES (0$) .
All you do is connect the hardware (DN-S5000) to VIRTUALVINYL and you
pc and set it up to work with VDJ ,then you burn 2 audio CD's with the
TIMECODE files, and then setup virtualdj to work properly with TIMECODES.

Then you will be able to control you music files in your pc using your dn-s5000
(first dn-s5000 for left deck and the other for the right deck) and using
you mixer you will be able to mix and cue normally ,without needing your
4.1 soundcard.

Thats all, but for me personally i suggest definetely DN-HC4500.

Practice makes better...
Jim

Posted Tue 03 Feb 09 @ 3:36 am
Hello Jim and thank you for the very helpful information. I'm going to stick with the Numark Virtual Vinyl for now, but I YouTubed some HC4500 videos and I can see why you mentioned those. Thanks again for your help.

Posted Tue 03 Feb 09 @ 4:11 pm
I reply to you my friend (i am a relative of jimmakosdj).
Jimmy says he was glad he could help you and sends
his regards.

Nick

Posted Thu 05 Feb 09 @ 2:18 am
I need botton configuration dont see

Posted Sat 05 Dec 15 @ 9:49 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)