Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: ASIO problems really solved in pro-version?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Just installed the latest trial version of Virtual DJ used in combination with Hercules DJ Console and the latest drivers/firmware from Hercules. It looks okay and I seriously intend to buy a licence.

But I discovered, as so many others, the problems after enabling the ASIO option in the Hercules driver. I've read about a complex solution in this forum but I couldn't solve it. Changing the advanced settings of the sound card in the Virtual DJ config menu (as suggested in the forum) doesn't work. Maybe this is only a problem with the trial version because an errormessage told me that saving the new settings is only possible in a pro-version.

Before I spend my dollars for a licence I would like to know if there is a good solution or a patch or so to solve this problem with ASIO. And can I be sure that ASIO works with a licenced version? Even with the complex solution as posted in this forum...?

Posted Thu 24 Feb 05 @ 5:12 pm
SharanPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi,

i'm using the 'pro' version 2.06 and ASIO works fine now indeed, just as explained in this forum thread i believe you are referring to. If you want my judgement, VDJ is definitely worth buying. Sound quality could be a bit better, but other dj software that got (in my opinion) better sound quality as VDJ also costs much more. And to my knowledge no other software supports the HDJC as good as VDJ does!

So go ahead an get it right now !! :)

Posted Thu 24 Feb 05 @ 8:50 pm
I think he did

Posted Thu 24 Feb 05 @ 9:30 pm
Thanks for the support. And gues what? I ordered :-)

Posted Thu 24 Feb 05 @ 10:34 pm
nozsiiiHome userMember since 2005
I'm trying to make it work with a full version VDj, , but 2.02 05 06 never ever used the headphone correctly. The only one that was able to play the not-mixed sound via the headphone was the 1.09 that came with the hercules.. Any soutions? Does someboby of you got the PFL headphone plugin?

Posted Fri 25 Feb 05 @ 8:24 pm
I recognize this problem, it was solved with the pro-version. Even in default mode.

Posted Sun 27 Feb 05 @ 5:43 pm
arjunaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
@nozsii

"[...]I'm trying to make it work with a full version VDj, , but 2.02 05 06 never ever used the headphone correctly[...]"

Only demo and cracked versions have this limitation...

Posted Tue 01 Mar 05 @ 10:38 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)