Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: maya 44 w/ amplified speakers a must?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Question?
Once set up on TCV's, then the only way to hear the music is through an amp/and speakers connected to the mixer correct? Self-powered/amplified speakers should work as well?
In other words, the way I used to do it which is play it through the computer won't work.

Am I correct in this thinking?
I will no longer be able to use the speaker system that i have for my computer like before.
Unless of course I switch it back to play via the old 3d soundcard through the configuration in VDJ?

Posted Thu 24 Feb 05 @ 12:07 am
Actually just use the main out of your mixer to connect into your speakers.

Weither they're pre amp or not the main out of your mixer should send the sound out to what ever source is connected to it.

Posted Thu 24 Feb 05 @ 12:46 am
well then where does it get amplifier power from to push the speakers?

Posted Thu 24 Feb 05 @ 1:01 am
can anyone answer this for me? Thanks

Posted Thu 24 Feb 05 @ 3:26 pm
Im not sure i understand what you are asking seems to me you already know the answer
If you have regular speakers you need to hook up 1 or 2 amps 1 for highs 1 for lows in between the mixer and the speakers
If you have amplified speakers you simply hook up directly from the mixer
If you are talking about RIAA amplification for your turntables then its different
Most mixers have phono outputs so in this case the turntable would be preamplified in the mixer
If you have "real mixingboard" there is no preamp included so therefore you need RiAA preamplifier for turntables
Not to stir up any s... i am not dissing any mixer at all
There is just a huge difference in the sound
You cant compare Gemini or Pioneer to Soundcraft or Yamaha
Even Double 00 could do that.....hehe just kidding
Regards
Andre

Posted Fri 25 Feb 05 @ 11:41 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)