Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Macbook, Cue LE, NTC: Song error when trying to load on Cue? Also mac wont recongnice NTC everytime

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

New to these forums, but damn i doubt i'm ever gonna be able to stay off now. Any ways, I just got my mac and i'm getting used to it, as well as adapting to using my total control with it. Earlier today i was recording a simple "just BSing" mix when I tried to load up a song and cue message was said something like "mp3 error" at the end of the title and the right side where i tried to load it to was just empty. I closed it all down, which was a bummer cuz i was feelin the mix, and retried it, but it still would not load the song. then I tried a few others and it seemed fine. After a few mins, every other song would not load up. My mac is new and i dont have any apps downloaded or anything like that. the only program ive really used so far is CUE. Any help would be great. I have the newest version i believe.

Also, every time i start up the CUE program, i have to click it a few times because the 1st or 2nd tries i get the pop up saying the control is not plugged in. Then the 3rd or so time, it recognizes it just fine. what the EFF? lol please help. I am planning on doin my 1st party on the 7th and if i dont get these fixed, i will have to cancel. thanks in advance.

-Localstreethero

Posted Sat 31 Jan 09 @ 12:37 am
I have had similar problems with my system. Could you answer a few questions?

Is your music stored on an external drive? (if so is it a powered drive [ac adapter] or usb powered) if it is USB powered make sure you are not using a USB hub or if you are it MUST be a powered hub.

The same goes for the total control - if it is plugged into a USB hub you will have to use the power adapter supplied with the controller.

Posted Sat 31 Jan 09 @ 5:48 am
No external hard drive at the moment.

I never got a A/C adapter with the total control, but i do remember reading something about it when i first got the controller. I'm assuming that will help with the start up issue correct?

Any ideas on why it would read some songs and other times it won't when absolutely nothing has changed?

Posted Sat 31 Jan 09 @ 1:04 pm
I happen to know there is an issue with the database on the Mac version.

I have only experienced problems with Karaoke files but maybe it does extend to audio files also. Apparently this problem is being addressed in the next release.

Regards the total control - if you are not running through an external hub then you should NOT need an ac adapter the USB port on the mac should provide enough power for it. One thing you could look at - if you go into System Profiler --> then look under Hardware and USB - see if the Total Control is sharing a hub with anything - this could be the problem - try switching USB ports.

Other than that you could try http://www.numark.com/totalcontrol for the Fireware Update but i haven't needed to do this?

Posted Sat 31 Jan 09 @ 6:46 pm
This is my 2nd total control. With my first one, i tried doin the firmware update, but i couldn't find where to DL the update. This of course AFTER i removed what ever firmware it did have on the control. So I am hesitant to try again. I guess i gotta just wait for a newer update on CUE?? :-/
Hopefully this doesn't happen again. Thanks for your help!

Posted Sun 01 Feb 09 @ 2:50 pm
no worries mate - let me know if you find a solution.

Posted Sun 01 Feb 09 @ 6:43 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)