Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Best Laptop for Virtual DJ/Numark Cue

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey looking to upgrade my current setup and get a new laptop, i have a budget of about 1700 and im looking something very fast which isnt going to quit when im out playing in clubs, i run my own promotion business and do alot of big events and i need something reliable, preferably a laptop someone here has experience with,

thanks

Posted Wed 28 Jan 09 @ 12:23 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Have you considered a mac?

Would you use video or just audio?

Posted Sat 31 Jan 09 @ 3:13 pm
I don't think a mac is a good idea. I have a mac book pro 2.6 GHZ, 4 GB ram, NVIDIA 512 video card and have not been able to do a full gig with it using VDJ. I also have a ASUS G2S A1 running vista, NVIDIA 8600 with 256 MB video RAM and 2 GB dedicated ram and have never had a problem with it.

Just my experience.

Posted Sun 01 Feb 09 @ 12:58 pm
Disclaimer -- I'm not a Mac fan, however despite that, here's my reason for going with PC.

With a budget of $1700, you'd be able to get a fairly powerful PC to run the software (and hardware if you later decide this direction) without hiccups between $800-1200. PC always has online daily specials -- I like visiting TechBargains.com and BradsDeals.com when purchasing electronics.

With the savings and of course this depends on your intended usage, purchase a large LCD monitor or even a high resolution projector to broadcast video mixes. I choose Numark Virtual Vinyl software/hardware package because of the video mixing aspects and I can tell you, this truly is a full DJing experience for your guests. Serato has yet to offer video mixing as of this post, but I didn't want to wait.

One last note, no support for Vista 64-bit when you're making final decisions.

Enjoy

Posted Wed 11 Feb 09 @ 1:01 pm
I am running an acer laptop running at 3600mhz 2gig ddr2 250gig hard drive and no hicups sticking etc and i am running vista . it only cost me $600us for the laptop and i find personally it is worth alot more. Once you do your tweaks to vista it is unstopable .

Posted Wed 11 Feb 09 @ 2:10 pm
DJAuzPRO InfinityMember since 2008
mad man ghany wrote :
I am running an acer laptop running at 3600mhz 2gig ddr2 250gig hard drive and no hicups sticking etc and i am running vista . it only cost me $600us for the laptop and i find personally it is worth alot more. Once you do your tweaks to vista it is unstopable .

Interesting, what model of laptop is this?

Posted Thu 12 Feb 09 @ 1:49 am

Well I have bougth a HP Compaq 6720s. And is running Vista Business.. 2GB Ram, 380Mb of Graphic, 160HDD..Centrino Duo 1.4Ghz..I think it might work fine !

Plus I have my midi controller : Behringer BCD 2000

Wich Tweak do you run on your Vista ?
How do i Tweak my Vista ?

Posted Thu 12 Feb 09 @ 3:27 pm
VISTA tweaks. Two things to increase your computing experience.

1. Keep in mind, by the time you purchase your system, there has probably been a fairly large amount of newer drivers and updates available. Go to the manufacturer's website and find the support/drivers/downloads section and go through each section. I purchased a new laptop and the BIOS and graphics card were already outdated so I needed to upgrade. If you've never upgraded your BIOS or done upgrades, you can PM and I'll walk you through. If you do the BIOS incorrectly, you won't be a happy camper.

2. You'd be able to Google all you want, but I believe BlackViper is the definitive site for tweaks:
http://www.blackviper.com/WinVista/supertweaks.htm

Based on the above, it bumped my Windows Base Score from 3.8 to 4.0 and I'm able to run all Vista visualization without any hiccups. My preferred site to find the best deals on tech products --- http://www.techbargains.com/

Also, Kundzikov -- you'll get more support from forum if you register your software/hardware.

Posted Tue 24 Feb 09 @ 12:52 pm
HI all, I owned a Sony Vaio that worked great with Virtual DJ, including running videos, but it died on me. It's time to get a new laptop and everyone keeps telling me to get a MacPro. I can adjust to Mac instead of PC, that's cool. But what about my music which is all on hard drives? Does it need to be reformatted to work on a MacBook? Thanks for any info you can lend me.

Posted Tue 25 Aug 15 @ 3:19 am
Please start a new thread. This is a 6 years old topic.

Topic locked

Posted Tue 25 Aug 15 @ 8:54 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)