Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Grounding TT's with Maya 44 USB

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djltHome userMember since 2005
Hey, was wondering should I put the ground wires to the PC or the Soundcard?

Thankyou

Posted Mon 21 Feb 05 @ 6:20 pm
First of all, timecode use works ONLY with the FULL version of the software
Second, a cracked version will contain a lot of bugs as code is changed

Hopefully u will buy the full version and support the development of Virtual DJ

grounding should be done to the pc

Posted Mon 21 Feb 05 @ 8:08 pm
How come Dams answered me that Timecoded Vinyl will indeed work with the Trial version then? I don't think sending out different signals do much good for integrety... Also, some (rather impudent, and kinda stupid) users of this forum reports that it also works with the cracked version, (if you use a keymaker, that does not change the code) so telling lies or half-truths about this is neither a good idea. The mere fact that you are a common thief if you use a cracked version should be reason enough... The prog is very good and very cheap. Anyone who can afford TT's can afford the program.

If you use a laptop, grounding can be done to the screw-holes on the com-port or the LPT1, (add a short screw to it and add an some o-plug, crocodile-clamp or some other fastening device to your groundwire).

Posted Tue 22 Feb 05 @ 5:02 am
i doubt the function of the groundwires when using timecoded vinyl.
i also have a maya44 usb and a set of timecoded vinyls, i use them on my laptop. I don't have the ground wires connected at all. I was curious and tested it myself. i measured the groundwires and ground contacts with a multimeter. The gound wires and gnd-contacts of the audio-connectors are just the same. a resistance-test between the two result in 0 ohm. This tells me that the groundwires on your turntables have no function at all when using timecoded vinyl.

only when using the turntables in analog mode without VDJ, the ground-wires MAY help preventing a 'groundloop'.

so, don't worry about the ground-wires. since VDJ reproduces the sound digitally from harddrive-media, you don't need the groundwires.

happy VDJ-ing ;-)

Posted Fri 25 Feb 05 @ 1:40 pm
Hello... there is nothing to doubt. The groundwires are not essential for VDJ soundquality, but for the signal that comes from the TCV to control VDJ. It is very essential for getting a 100% signal. Try using the bypass function without the groundwire connected and you wil hear a disturbing humm. Without grounding the needle-drop function will not work, also the track might move on its own when not playing the TT's... Don't think that the ground wires are without function. They are very much so. Of course if you are using a TT with line-out like TTX or stanton STR/STR8, then there is no groundwire (except for the one in the power-cord).

Posted Fri 25 Feb 05 @ 10:49 pm
i don't have any goundwires connected, and needle-drop works absolute flawless.
Like i said before, it MAY help preventing a groundloop in analog-mode.

Posted Tue 01 Mar 05 @ 12:55 pm
djltHome userMember since 2005
What turntables/set up are you using DJ Cannonball?

Posted Tue 01 Mar 05 @ 2:31 pm
"Also, some (rather impudent, and kinda stupid) users of this forum reports that it also works with the cracked version, (if you use a keymaker, that does not change the code)"

i think that was me dude. and dont act like you've never stolen anyhting....
its actually a crack you replace the original virtualdj.exe with. it works just fine.
if they can crack windows xp/adobe anything/3dstudiomax/macromedia anything, i think they can crack VDJ.

i bought the program because i could afford it around christmas time.
im not going to lie though, at the time, i had immediate problems and i thought the troubles i had were from the cracked version. it wasnt until i actually had the "real" program that i figured out all of my problems, and was able to see that the cracked version was indeed the same.

VDJ is a picky bitch if you like to scratch records. i enjoy it alot. i use it alot too. the timecoded vinyl shipping is crazy mon. its almost like they anticipated people stealing there software, and marked up shipping prices.

I am a DJ, and i have ordered records from the UK, it does NOT cost that much at all. im sorry, but it doesnt.

http://www.tunes.co.uk/tunes/templates/cart_view.epl

Posted Sat 05 Mar 05 @ 1:42 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)