Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Mac Plugin Development - Help - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

VOG_PRO InfinityMember since 2006
thanks for the link, I have been reading through it.

But VDJ is not a carbon application as far as I know.

im confused how you would take the implementations of how to draw to a window initialized with carbon and use them on the VDJ PLUGIN/Video Window deck.

If you could show me please how to just draw something very simple to the vdj window I could take it from there. I just need a kick start :)

for example:

a button is clicked from within the effect

this initialies the OaDraw

and it clears the background and draws a line or rectangle or whatever

then it closes.

Would this be a difficult thing to show me just to get me stated, one I have this piece down it will allow me to apply the technologies described in the developers articles listed above

Posted Thu 22 Jan 09 @ 4:01 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
VOG_ wrote :
But VDJ is not a carbon application as far as I know.

Open the following file: XXXXX_Prefix.pch and you will see:
#include <Carbon/Carbon.h>

and if you have a look at the XCode project, you will see that it uses : Carbon.framework

Posted Thu 22 Jan 09 @ 5:05 pm
Thank you so much I cant wait to compile this and dont worry I wont post it anywhere else

Posted Fri 23 Jan 09 @ 7:41 am
have that one compiling and building fine thanks for the example cheers, so cool

Posted Sun 25 Jan 09 @ 3:07 pm
Hows the development going these Mac Plugins. I really want the "Titler" plugin on my mac version - or something similar.

Does anyone know how easy this would be to do - i have no idea where to start!!??

Dan....

Posted Sun 01 Feb 09 @ 7:00 pm
Hi,

I cant say its going too well...so much to learn.

I have spent most of today reading about rendering text in OpenGl, its not the easiest thing in the world to do.

Posted Sun 01 Feb 09 @ 7:31 pm
You should start some examples with the default VirtualDJ rendering (return S_FALSE) before using customized texture rendering (return S_OK)

Something to know too which is a special flag:

// flags used in OnGetPluginInfo()
#define VDJPLUGINFLAG_VIDEOINPLACE 0x20 // tell VirtualDJ not to send textures in OnDraw() but instead use directly the backbuffer

if you want to use it:

HRESULT VDJ_API C[!output PROJECT_NAME]::OnGetPluginInfo(TVdjPluginInfo *infos)
{
infos->Author="DJ CEL";
infos->PluginName="Backbuffer test";
infos->Description="Description of your plugin";
infos->Bitmap=PLUGIN_BITMAP;
infos->Flag=VDJPLUGINFLAG_VIDEOINPLACE;
return S_OK;
}

Posted Mon 02 Feb 09 @ 3:04 pm
thanks for reply, I think the confusion i am having is from tieing things together in my head so to speak. to much to learn at once.

I will let VDJ do the rendering for me for the time being and post back when i have more

Posted Mon 02 Feb 09 @ 3:26 pm
maybe this is an obvious question but in the example you have posted the boom auto, you manipulate the vertices based on the beat and lenght which is determined by the user, but in that example that texture is the one that is displaying the video. Maybe my confusion is beyond changing sizes how can I manipulate that texture

Posted Mon 02 Feb 09 @ 3:37 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
It would depend on what you want to do with that texture - what are you actually trying to implement?

Posted Tue 03 Feb 09 @ 5:44 am
I was hoping to do a titles or scrolling text but I am a bit off that yet. I know its a tall order but as I was saying I am having trouble with the basics

What i am trying to do at the moment is just learn a bit more about Open GL. The problem I am having is how it fits into VDJ. There is not a whole lot out there around implementing OpenGL in Carbon. I have read through the apple stuff but that is overly complicated in its examples

The auto boom makes sense in how it works by takes the variable length and beatpos and uses them to resize the texture.

What i would love to see is just something like clearing the texture and drawing something simple on the screen. I could allow VDJ to render it as mentioned above.

This would give me a good idea of how to call OpenGL functions within VDJ and I could start from there.

Posted Tue 03 Feb 09 @ 7:32 am
For example, here are some OpenGL functions that you can start to understand:

glDisable(GL_BLEND);
glClearColor( 0.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f, 1.0f );
glClear( GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT );

glBindTexture( GL_TEXTURE_RECTANGLE_EXT, ...)

glTexImage2D( GL_TEXTURE_RECTANGLE_EXT,..)
glTexSubImage2D( GL_TEXTURE_RECTANGLE_EXT,...)

glDeleteTextures( 0, ...);
glGenTextures( 0, ...);

// Set the texture parameters
glTexParameterf( GL_TEXTURE_RECTANGLE_EXT, GL_TEXTURE_PRIORITY, 1.0 );

glTexParameteri( GL_TEXTURE_RECTANGLE_EXT, GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_S, GL_CLAMP_TO_EDGE );
glTexParameteri( GL_TEXTURE_RECTANGLE_EXT, GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_T, GL_CLAMP_TO_EDGE );

glTexParameteri( GL_TEXTURE_RECTANGLE_EXT, GL_TEXTURE_MAG_FILTER, GL_LINEAR );
glTexParameteri( GL_TEXTURE_RECTANGLE_EXT, GL_TEXTURE_MIN_FILTER, GL_LINEAR );

glTexEnvf( GL_TEXTURE_ENV, GL_TEXTURE_ENV_MODE, GL_MODULATE );

Posted Sun 08 Feb 09 @ 5:12 pm
i am wondering how i can modify effect source files into a mac compatible format.
i found out that i have to use x code...but i haven't used it before so i'm not sure if i can get it to work

does anybody have some advices how to use it :)

Posted Mon 09 Feb 09 @ 12:43 pm
Hows your C++ and DirectX/OpenGL?

Posted Mon 09 Feb 09 @ 12:54 pm
guess i don't have any skills yet
just had a look at xcode and i opened the xcode plugin wizard but i dont get it :D

looks pretty hard

guess i leave it to the "pros" ;)

Posted Mon 09 Feb 09 @ 1:39 pm
Thanks guys i am just recovering from surgeory so ill get back to my reading in the next few days.

Thanks for the post of the funtions

Posted Wed 11 Feb 09 @ 6:37 am
Hope all is well :)

I've started doing more OpenGL stuff now, so may be able to help a little...

Posted Tue 14 Apr 09 @ 6:44 pm
Of course for video plugins, do not forget to add the following frameworks in the project under "External Frameworks and Libraries" next to "Carbon.framework":

AGL.framework
OpenGL.framewok

otherwise your agl... or gl... functions won't be recognized ;-)

(linker issue)

Posted Sun 03 May 09 @ 12:23 pm
PLEASE HELP!!! I just bought a new MacBook Pro and uploaded Virtual Vinyl 5.2.1. For some reason...I don't have the "TEXT" video effect in my list. I can't find it anywhere. Does anyone know where I could get it?? Also, I'm looking for a "ECHO" sound effect for MAC as well. It seems all the effects are made for PC. Can anyone help me out?? I would really appreciate it.

Posted Wed 13 May 09 @ 8:47 pm
At present I don't believe those plugins exist for the Mac version.

Posted Thu 14 May 09 @ 4:46 am
75%