Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: skinning help please

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Valemix v2.0

I'm trying to make some changes to the skin to accommodate my need but I'm having issues. There are many buttons I don’t need and the rhythm section is way 2 big, and the valium and pitch sliders could be taller. The gain control isn’t needed for my VCM100 has one and the sliders could be extended up in that area.

I opened the XML file, made changes to the rhythm section by moving it to the top of that area, and have the two channels onto of each OTHER. After making the necessary changes I get a flickering in the rhythm section. What did I do wrong?

I also tried pasting the rhythm section from another skin but the same thin occurred.

Thanks

Posted Wed 14 Jan 09 @ 1:56 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Paul something is overlapping the rhytm section a little. The question is what. You will have to see what elements are close by or could be in there.

Have you tried the skin creator? i have been and i find it easy like in a case of your where you are just moving, adjusting, and removing things. basically all you do is highlight the area of the BPM and have it calculate the new positions.

Posted Wed 14 Jan 09 @ 2:05 pm
listen2 wrote :
Paul something is overlapping the rhytm section a little. The question is what. You will have to see what elements are close by or could be in there.

Have you tried the skin creator? i have been and i find it easy like in a case of your where you are just moving, adjusting, and removing things. basically all you do is highlight the area of the BPM and have it calculate the new positions.

I have it. Just no manual yet. but its that easy. I tryed to move it snuggd up under the vdj logo so the grabzone i mist have overlapping it..
I would love to use the skin creator. could you give me a walkthrough step by step to get me started.

I also tryed taking out the button on the top but when I tryed opening up the skin in VDJ it gave me an error.

Posted Wed 14 Jan 09 @ 2:20 pm
dammmm!! that was easy

Posted Wed 14 Jan 09 @ 2:26 pm
OOOps Spoke to soon
I cant get the rhythm to ride on top of each other without flickering

Posted Wed 14 Jan 09 @ 2:37 pm
damm dammm dammmm!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT

Posted Wed 14 Jan 09 @ 2:55 pm
welcome to making skins LOL

the rule i use is save work often. You moved the rythm section (waves) but did you also remember to move the CUE markers?? they are included in the rythm code but they have their own X/Y position. That would cause the flicker because the cues should be above the waves.

I can take a look at it if you send it to me. Upload it somewhere and PM me the link.

Posted Thu 15 Jan 09 @ 9:24 am
listen2 wrote :

the rule i use is save work often. You moved the rythm section (waves) but did you also remember to move the CUE markers?? they are included in the rythm code but they have their own X/Y position. That would cause the flicker because the cues should be above the waves.

I can take a look at it if you send it to me. Upload it somewhere and PM me the link.

i got it thanks. 7 hours after.

Posted Thu 15 Jan 09 @ 9:54 am
What did u do to the skin, I am interested to see. Also you should remove the Grab zone if you havent already, I know it helped me out. Being we both use touchscreens the last thing we want to be doing is movin the damn skin all over the screen when we touch it.

Posted Thu 15 Jan 09 @ 2:03 pm
paulettecerra wrote :
listen2 wrote :

i got it thanks. 7 hours after.

Great! if you poke around with skins you will get a handle on things, they are not to difficult but it does require some understanding and attention. cool you got sorted out. Anything else happens dont hesitate to ask.

the skin creator is real nice with modding skins, you basicly find the code you want, moe over to the .BMP and highlight the area you want (button for example) then right click and it will automaticly put the code in the XML.

Posted Thu 15 Jan 09 @ 3:15 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)