Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Side List in Separate Window ???

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hi.

Is there any way to create such Sidelist Window ?

I wish it could be resizeable.

i think that all of you know Winamp player - my idea is to create similar playlist window that works with VDJ or Cue etc...

What do you think about that ?

Posted Mon 12 Jan 09 @ 6:35 am
use the playlist window insted of the side list.

i only use the side list for songs that i didnt play on the decks.

(ie. load robbie williams - rock DJ onto deck B, than change mind and load Take That - Shine on deck B.
Robbie gets moved to side list. thats that i use it for)

Automix mode gets its tracks from Playlist.

Posted Mon 12 Jan 09 @ 11:46 am
thx but that is not what i ment.

my Desire is to have a separate playlist window with columns fe. name artist bpm etc...

something like this:

it would be 3 times less scrolling for me at every party ;]

i know that some skinns have larger windows of playlist part but i like traditional window. and such playlisf would be very helpful

Posted Mon 12 Jan 09 @ 12:28 pm

Posted Mon 12 Jan 09 @ 12:35 pm
the easy way to do the above would be with 2 copies of virual DJ

1st copy run with your basic skin
2nd copy has a skin with a full screen browser thats sized at baybe 150 (wide) pixcels by 700 (tall)

then once 2nd vdj is running, you can drag the playlist section to fill the window..

the 2nd copy of vdj might not be able to browse your harddive with music, because the 1st window is using your harddrive.

but this would be great with a widescreen monitor, to use for big playlist to drag n drop songs from
then you could get rid of playlist from your 1st window.

stop me if you dont follow what i say... lol

Posted Mon 12 Jan 09 @ 12:41 pm

but im pretty sure its not possible to do this in the same skin

Posted Mon 12 Jan 09 @ 12:42 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
The solution would be multiple browsers in one skin.
But this isn't supported yet.

Posted Mon 12 Jan 09 @ 1:01 pm
Give me a while, i'll see what i can come up with in paint.net

Posted Mon 12 Jan 09 @ 1:01 pm
can you have multiple browsers in one skin?

ive come up with this...

its not perfect and took a few minutes in paint.net

Posted Mon 12 Jan 09 @ 7:33 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
You can not move the Side List and you can not have multiple browsers in a single instance skin.

Posted Mon 12 Jan 09 @ 8:36 pm
i figured that he originally meant to say 'playlist' but one that shows top to bottom on screen.
2 examples above, ive pieced together an image of a skin with 1 huge browser, and basic players, but the guy was thinking of using the newmark cue skin, and in the spare part of the screen to have a playlist to drag files to...

this could be done with a very basic skin. i'm gonna have a go at coding this myself to run on a second instance. if it dosent work out, there is the other image (from above)

i like the idea of having a huge playlist.

Posted Mon 12 Jan 09 @ 9:41 pm
thank you for trying to help me.

well my favourite skins are "ion iCue" "turntablist" "oldschool" but unfortunately all of them has "thin" playlists browser.

and last time when i was making gig batteries in mouse went down - so i had to use touch pad...
the buttom of line is that i was 3 times more tired just scrolling bars not playing.
hope you know what i mean.

i've tried multiple skins but there was problems with working on my laptop.

so i think the best way to make such list - is to design separate window that would work with every skin.
(some kind of Skin plug-in;)
I think it can be handle for many people.

Posted Tue 13 Jan 09 @ 7:58 am
Plug-in?

so its not a skin then, but a pop-up window.

you can call the window from the 'Effects' menus, and it coudl have...

* Windows pops up on demand and can be moved around the screen
* Window lets lets you drag songs into it to make a list.
* Window will auto save the list every 1 minute to a file on your harddrive.
* Window will let you have a comment field for each song that...
* Lets you type in some text to go woth the song.. (IE. Birthday reqest / Karaoke Singer Name / etc)
* Removes the comment after you play the song (or keep the comment in the list, than when you play the song, in the list you see Deck A |Sofias Birthday )

is this more like what you need?
Maybe this should be posted to the plug-in request forum insted of skins...

Posted Tue 13 Jan 09 @ 9:36 am
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
I'm not sure about a plugin, but the sample skin you created can be done but with only one browser. What you could do is drag the tracks you would put in the sidelist and put them in the playlist. Its really the same thing but the playlist will load the tracks in the decks for you. If by chance you changed your mind then just unload the track. Just a thought.

Posted Tue 13 Jan 09 @ 1:51 pm
Ye, above is just a mock-up of a skin.

I personally like the the idea of having a HUGE browser, and having the control decks 'stacked' on the side of the screen.

ive got the wheels in motion to make this happen and i'll keep people posted.

i'll probably change the decks as im not happy with the layout.
i dont need a scratch wheel, do i'll probably put the video there, but i'll put a large master video preview in the bottom left corner.

(BTW the 2nd screenshot in this topic is the one im thinking about) the original topic was for a large playlist bolted to the newmark-cue skin)

Posted Tue 13 Jan 09 @ 3:29 pm
Is it possible that in a future version of VDJ we could have the option to have 2 playlists.

Some may think this is crazy but there are jobs I do where there are 2 concurrent things happening at the same time.
Or events where I have to DJ parts of it, there is event music to be played in certain order in between plus other incidental parts I need.

I would like to operate like this:
Playlist 1 for all the music I will be using, songs I plan to play
Playlist 2 for event related music eg. fashion shows
Sidelist where I can store 3 or 4 tracks that I may have to use several times at the drop of a hat.

An extension to this would be setting a rule that each playlist can only load to an assigned deck
1 to A
2 to B
Sidelist wherever/whenever

I realise this should actually go as a feature request. I'll copy this tomorrow or soon.
Anyone else see the usefulness of this?

Ross

Posted Wed 14 Jan 09 @ 8:07 pm
2 instances.

or

virtual folders.

Posted Wed 14 Jan 09 @ 9:08 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)