Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Sonique Editor?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi all, I cant figure out how to make sonique plugins?
is there something newer?
or an editor im missing?

Posted Sat 10 Jan 09 @ 10:44 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Making Sonique effects is not simple, and I know of no editor.

You can download a pack from this site of tested working Sonique effects.

That said, if anyone has any documentation or links to information on the SVP format I would be interested :)

Posted Sun 11 Jan 09 @ 10:17 am
Because when i was playing with them, there is no was to make them fade in to eachother, so its not a rough transition. You know what i mean?

Posted Sun 11 Jan 09 @ 10:40 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007

Posted Sun 11 Jan 09 @ 11:06 am
djrodburnette wrote :
Because when i was playing with them, there is no was to make them fade in to eachother, so its not a rough transition. You know what i mean?

Thats down to the coding of the Sonique plugin. To fix this, you would need to write a new plugin for VirtualDJ that is capable of decoding Sonique virtualisations, and them rendering them to VDJs DirectX texture.

Posted Sun 11 Jan 09 @ 11:27 am
rod you may want to read this tutorial i did when we first got to find out about the sonique plug ins, hope it helps...

Posted Sun 11 Jan 09 @ 11:41 am

Posted Sun 11 Jan 09 @ 11:53 am
tayla wrote :
rod you may want to read this tutorial i did when we first got to find out about the sonique plug ins, hope it helps...

WHere do i find the tutorial?

Posted Sun 11 Jan 09 @ 11:55 am

Posted Sun 11 Jan 09 @ 12:00 pm
rod you cannot get them to move from one sonique to another, but following the toot, you can make the mpg as long as you want with as many files as you wish, i've got a boat load that you can use if you like, will save you a lot of time downloading them yourself.

Posted Sun 11 Jan 09 @ 12:03 pm
How do you use them?

Posted Sun 11 Jan 09 @ 1:17 pm
Don't worry Jimmy, I've managed to find the source code to an SVP plugin now ;)

Posted Tue 13 Jan 09 @ 11:28 pm
...and I've now managed to create my first SVP. OK, so it doesn't actually do much apart from display some random colours, but I've managed to suss out the file format and rendering methods. Doing complicated scenes looks fun though, not...

Posted Tue 13 Jan 09 @ 11:48 pm
All right, this should be interesting.

Posted Wed 14 Jan 09 @ 3:12 am
@jim, think we must be one and the same person to some people, must be your accent, but your one hell of a good looking guy, lol.

Posted Wed 14 Jan 09 @ 4:40 am
Whoops.

I shouldn't read more than one thread at once... ;)

Posted Wed 14 Jan 09 @ 5:33 am
Haha lol.

Posted Wed 14 Jan 09 @ 5:39 am
Shareaza has long had little-publicized support for Sonique Vis Plugins (.svp files).

Any such file in the <Shareaza>\Vis directory will be selectable in Mediaplayer's Vis menu as a Sonique Wrapper.

As of March daily builds, this folder will be created by default on installation,
including "Phase 0.6" from http://honto.com/av, under distribution license from the now-defunct Sonique site.

Also included is the source code needed to make new custom Vis plugins (Zipped with a small sample).

I hope someone might find this interesting work with.

http://www.pantheraproject.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=960&p=5369&hilit=sonique#p5369

You May need to register on site to download file ...... is this what we need to make our own plugins?

Posted Tue 17 Mar 09 @ 4:59 am
Yup, the Sonique SDK allows you to make new svp plugins. I've managed to create a few now, but my arty flair isn't really graphical in nature ;)

Posted Tue 17 Mar 09 @ 7:16 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)