Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: two computers...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have a computer at my place and my girlfriend has one at hers....since i am the only one mixing and recording do I need to purchase 2 copies of virtual dj, 1 for each system?

Posted Thu 17 Feb 05 @ 10:05 pm
Of course not!!!

"....since i am the only one mixing and recording"

Posted Thu 17 Feb 05 @ 10:26 pm
lemme 'splain again......when I am using her computer to mix/listen to music do I need to purchase a second copy of virtual dj or is there a way I can access the copy on my system....not sure if its any clearer!!!! Looking to buy virtual dj a.s.a.p. but I would like the flexibility of using it on another system.

Posted Fri 18 Feb 05 @ 4:39 am
BarglerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
If I'm not mistaken, VDJ purchase is a liscense to you, not to one particular machine.

I think you could legally install it on 100 different computers as long as only you would be using the software. However, if you don't uninstall it from your girlfriend's computer when you leave and she runs the software, both of you might have broken the law.

Posted Fri 18 Feb 05 @ 7:35 am
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
You're right Bargler ;)

Posted Fri 18 Feb 05 @ 8:55 am
Thats the info I needed. Makes sense....thanks for the straightforward answer Bargler...

Posted Fri 18 Feb 05 @ 10:29 pm
djmoosePRO InfinityMember since 2005
So, as a new user...and I just want to make sure...I can install this on multiple computers as long as I'm the only one using it?

One of my residencies has a full desktop in the djbooth and I'd like to install my full version on that as well as my laptop. This is ok?

Posted Thu 23 Jun 05 @ 5:12 am
it is ok, but protect yourself of others having access to the booth/software.
The owner will discretely train using vdj and then will kick you out :-)

Posted Thu 23 Jun 05 @ 10:58 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Don't leave your install on any of the other machines where someone else can get it.
The club really should have it's own licenced copy.

Posted Thu 23 Jun 05 @ 11:50 am
maybe some new feature to have a password protected vdj
or install it on the usb stick and take it with you :-)

Posted Thu 23 Jun 05 @ 12:30 pm
Checked my VDJ Folder 30Mb so prog easly fit onto usb memory stick what a great idea!
Maybe the answer to program security, no passwords, no unautherised changes of settings, or use of the program.

Posted Fri 24 Jun 05 @ 3:05 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)