Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: How to mute the sound when streaming?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

dez16vHome userMember since 2008
Hi Guys,

I am using VDJ 5.2 to broadcast music via a website server to other people on the site that want to listen.
I use shoutcast to connect to the site radio server and this works very well.

However, I would like to be able to mute the sound on the decks at my end and then listen to the music that is playing via the website link, this enables me to hear exactly what my audience is hearing and detect any buffering or skipping etc...

If I turn down the music on the decks at my end ( and then listen via the site link ) it turns down the music that my audience hears and therefore it is no use.

Previous to using VDJ i used Winamp to broadcast, which has a simple mute button so that i can listen via the site as mentioned above enabling me to correct any poor quality music or buffering because of bandwidth etc...

I can listen to the music via the website at the same time as lsiten to the music at my end but there is a small delay and the music just becomes a mishmash and therefore I cannot distinguish any poor quality sounds or buffering.

I suppose it would be similar to a rock band having a 'monitor' speaker to hear the music they are playing to detect any poor or wrong sounds etc...

I have looked at various skins for VDJ but I cannot see one that has a mute button.

Please reply if you think that you can solve my request.

Cheers!

Dez ( dez16v@hotmail.com )

Posted Sun 04 Jan 09 @ 6:55 pm
DJAuzPRO InfinityMember since 2008
When broadcasting you cannot turn the volume down in the VDJ software, this will most definitely mute the broadcast feed!

I'm assuming you want to listen to the stream on the same machine using the same speakers? If so if you're running Vista open up the sound mixer and mute the Virtual DJ Application, this will PROBABLY work but I'm not 100% sure!

If may be worth noting I cannot connect to the VDJR Shoutcast stream whilst broadcasting on the same computer. I normally have to wait 10-15 seconds before it will allow me to connect.

If possible could you tune in to the stream on another computer/PS3/media box?

I'm not sure if this helps?

Good Luck :D

Posted Sun 04 Jan 09 @ 8:51 pm
skeekHome userMember since 2016
That advice worked. Open your mixer at your volume control and VDJ will show up as a slider just lower it all they way and boom.

Posted Tue 31 May 16 @ 10:23 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)