Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Bitrate field in library

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

arfurHome userMember since 2007
Morning all,

When scanning my collection, the bitrate field doesn't seem to get filled in. I have visible columns for BPM, key, bitrate and Excaliber, and all fill out fine apart from bitrate. Pretty much all my tunes are encoded in 320kbs constant bitrate, so VBR is not a plausible explanation.

The field does get filled out after I play a tune though, and the information is retained within the library database. Anyone seen this?

Thanks,
Arf

Posted Sun 30 Nov 08 @ 6:02 am
arfurHome userMember since 2007
Or could it perhaps be down to MP3s that don't have ID3 tags? I'm pretty sure all my tunes have tags anyway...

On the same track: Do you guys find mp3's below a certain bitrate start sounding rubbish on a big PA?
Of course you do, but at what bitrate, thats the question. I always encode at 320kbs, am happy with tunes down to 192, but at 128kbs I start thinking twice about playing it over a PA.

Posted Mon 01 Dec 08 @ 3:32 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Yes, 192 is the lowest quality to give good sound at CBR. I avoid VBR and never used it.
About that problem, not sure what is happening, after scanning it should be displayed. But then again, I don't remember does it should display as I don't use that column, I know that all of track are at 192 as I ripped them ;)

Posted Mon 01 Dec 08 @ 7:11 am
arfur wrote :
Morning all,

When scanning my collection, the bitrate field doesn't seem to get filled in. I have visible columns for BPM, key, bitrate and Excaliber, and all fill out fine apart from bitrate. Pretty much all my tunes are encoded in 320kbs constant bitrate, so VBR is not a plausible explanation.

The field does get filled out after I play a tune though, and the information is retained within the library database. Anyone seen this?

Thanks,
Arf

I experience the same symptom.

Posted Wed 03 Dec 08 @ 4:00 pm
was a fix ever found for this? My bit rates don't show up on newly scanned songs until they are played at least once.

Posted Fri 20 Mar 09 @ 5:23 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)