Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: All sorts of Problems with Skipping and no response Please Help

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJFocusPRO InfinityMember since 2004
If anybody can help me here to get my program working the way its suppose to it would be greatly appreciated. I have writte the company three times on this issue and have recieved nor esponse and it has been over three weeks. I have gone through ALL the suggestions in the forums on how to stop skipping but still the program contiues to skip and make a hissing cutting noise. I just reinstalled windows to see if that could rectify the problem and still the program contiues to skip. Theres a hissing noise/cutting noise in the back of ALL songs played and then eveyr 5 or 6 songs...the wave window will freeze and the song will skip. I am very frsutrated because i have to keep putting gigs on hold until i get this right and I dont seem to be getting any help from the staff. Also, my songs onyl skip when played in virtual dj and not when used in windows media player....someone please anyone who has any suggestiong please advise. I have a dell inspiron 9100 with 512 ram. Please help

Posted Tue 08 Feb 05 @ 6:11 am
Also....how would i rectify and IRQ conflict if this is what is causing the problem

Posted Tue 08 Feb 05 @ 6:15 am
Try this
http://www.blackviper.com/WinXP/servicecfg.html
set to "safe"
Then go to contorl panel-system-hardware-device manager-IDA primary-properties-IRQ
then check the secondary IDA make sure they are not the same!
let me know
Andre

Posted Tue 08 Feb 05 @ 8:30 am
Andre.....

Wow i think i may have found the problem. I went to device manager and I saw that my "Dell Wireless Pc Card" had a red X on it....and that my PCI modem had a yellow exclamation point on it. And these prolems of skipping all started when i activated my Dell pc card. Then i checked the IRQ number and my sigma tel audio has the same irq as my pc card and my pci modem. How do i fix a conflcit...Please advise

Posted Tue 08 Feb 05 @ 9:52 pm
Andre...my bad....the network controller, the PCI card, and the modem all have the same IRQ but not as the ssoundcard. This is still a conflict however and im almsot postive its whats causing the problem. How do i fix it. Thanks again

Posted Tue 08 Feb 05 @ 10:09 pm
One thing you can do is go into the properties and check out the ressources tab. see if there are any conflicts here.

If there are conflicts you can try to manually set your own desired IRQ.

PLEASE NOTE: THIS MAY NOT FIX THE PROBLEM AND SHOULD BE DONE WITH CAUTION.

you can always revert back to the way it was when you boot into safe mode. Make sure you don't select an IRQ that is currently being used or shared with another device.

If there are no free IRQs available try checking your BIOS for any available IRQ that might be disabled

DJ White Devil

Posted Tue 08 Feb 05 @ 10:30 pm
Anyone..here is my IRQ report....please advise

IRQ 1 Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard OK
IRQ 2 System timer OK
IRQ 8 System CMOS/real time clock OK
IRQ 9 Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System OK
IRQ 12 PS/2 Compatible Mouse OK
IRQ 13 Numeric data processor OK
IRQ 14 Primary IDE Channel OK
IRQ 15 Secondary IDE Channel OK
IRQ 16 ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9700 OK
IRQ 16 Intel(R) 82801EB USB Universal Host Controller - 24D2 OK
IRQ 16 Intel(R) 82801EB USB Universal Host Controller - 24DE OK
IRQ 17 SigmaTel C-Major Audio OK
IRQ 18 Intel(R) 82801EB USB Universal Host Controller - 24D7 OK
IRQ 18 Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated Controller OK
IRQ 19 Intel(R) 82801EB USB Universal Host Controller - 24D4 OK
IRQ 19 Texas Instruments PCI-4510 CardBus Controller OK
IRQ 19 Texas Instruments OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller OK
IRQ 23 Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller OK

Posted Wed 09 Feb 05 @ 7:51 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)