Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: When Will SMART Mode In Automix Be Fixed? - Page: 3

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

@Adion

Please contact me and I will show you comparisons between v7 and v8.

V7 Automix working in SMART mode is far superior to v8.

I am happy to assist so let me know how we can begin the process.

Support cannot help as they don't have a way of contacting development staff as they rely on looking at the forums, but so far no one has given me and many others a fix.

Posted Tue 18 Nov 14 @ 9:36 am
I can confirm this. In Smart Mode the track is only in sync if i use the same track. ;-) "Remove silence" works correctly.

Is it possible that "mix now" use the automix lenght? I think its better if the "mixNow" funktion sounds like the automatic mix. I have set 16 seconds at automix and the "mixnow" lenght is only 4s . :-(

thx

dj nd

Posted Tue 18 Nov 14 @ 5:28 pm
CMBDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I have had no issues at all running automix. I don't think anyone in this thread has specifically said what was wrong, only that auto mix isn't working for them. Please explain with detail.

Posted Wed 19 Nov 14 @ 8:41 am
For myself, when I use SMART and the VDJ can't do a TEMPO mix, I find that it more often then other, just cuts one song off at the end abruptly and starts the next one SMART (CUT)... I'd rather have SMART-Automix default to FADE if it can't TEMPO mix.

I also notice that when SMART(FADE) does it's fade, it might only do the 2 seconds of the song. If I then switch to AUTOMIX-FADE, it will set the queue points in different spots... so SMART(FADE) and AUTOMIX-FADE do not act the same... It would be nice that the FADE option works the same regardless of its from SMART or AUTOMIX-FADE

Posted Wed 19 Nov 14 @ 2:30 pm
Some of my automixes, when remove silence is on will play for 20-30 seconds of silence before mixing...

So, does that mean it's fixed?

Posted Thu 20 Nov 14 @ 7:58 am
DJ KozPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Guys,

Please make sure that nothing is set in Automix Editor.

I had beatmix for automix off and it was still trying to beatmix. When I checked the editor it was till set to beat match.

Posted Thu 20 Nov 14 @ 8:55 am
Hi Djmagicmoments,
Have you treid using beta 2048 and reanalizsed the tracks in the AM list? It sems to have sorted out a lot of my problems.

Posted Thu 20 Nov 14 @ 8:56 am
Same again in 2048 with rescanned Tracks .Fading with "smart Mode" is never in Sync .
The other setting work great but "mix now" never use the predefined automix lenght.

Posted Thu 20 Nov 14 @ 12:30 pm
@ ndcschumaier
I know what you mean, but it's not a bug report. It's a completely different thing(baustelle) have a look in the forums and see if you can find a place where you can post your thoughts.
mfg
ray

Posted Thu 20 Nov 14 @ 3:43 pm
okay :-)

Posted Fri 21 Nov 14 @ 6:53 am
groovindj wrote :
Locodog, did you ever see or hear about the guy (Ian Chamings) who went on Dragons Den in 2006 with his mixing software?

Mix Album was actually the smartest auto mixing software that I've heard to date.

Unfortunately it was web only (the idea being that you purchased the tracks you wanted and it created a mix CD for you).

It also never took off in the intended market - MOS style compilations. It's now called FitMix and aimed at fitness instructors.

Thanks for sharing this info... I just checked out the website and the automix algorithm that this application is using is quite amazing. It's to bad that this engine is not available for individual DJ's to purchase. This type of automix feature is cool when you just want to play some background music.

Posted Mon 24 Nov 14 @ 1:24 pm
The thing is - it was never aimed at DJs.

I guess they thought that DJs do the mixing themselves, and mixing ability is considered to be part of "being a DJ" these days.

Presumably the type of people who buy pre-mixed compilation CDs were happy with what was already available and weren't interested in selecting their own tracks.

Posted Mon 24 Nov 14 @ 2:10 pm
What ever came of the user showing Adion what the issue was?

Posted Mon 24 Nov 14 @ 5:38 pm
Nothing... Adion never contacted me :-(

There I am willing to show the problem and nobody at Atomix wants to know.

Posted Tue 25 Nov 14 @ 11:34 am
You were supposed to contact him (or post here).

He asked people to "please give specific examples".

You said you were "happy to assist"........but you've just been sat waiting for him? :-/

Posted Tue 25 Nov 14 @ 11:40 am
Yes - Happy to assist.

Posted Tue 25 Nov 14 @ 11:44 am
The issue with Automix in VDJ 7 & 8 are used in Automix SMART Mode (with identical tracks) and are as follows:

First image is VDJ 7 - This shows the Automix point and continues to play whilst fading.

Second image shows VDJ 8 - This shows the Automix point but it does not smoothly transition, the track just stops at this point and the other track starts.

Do you need recordings as well?

Posted Tue 25 Nov 14 @ 12:52 pm
Are these the exact same files?

Posted Tue 25 Nov 14 @ 2:10 pm
Yes they are the same music files.

Posted Tue 25 Nov 14 @ 4:44 pm
nightlightsdisco wrote :
Yes they are the same music files.

I have the same issue... see my above screen shot.

It seems that when using SMART, it will compute the song mix to be CUT rather then FADE. I'd wish they just eliminate the CUT option from SMART.

joe...

Posted Tue 25 Nov 14 @ 5:00 pm
62%