Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Sonique is dead... Long live Milkdrop. - Page: 5

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

all worked good,but I have my milkdrop dll in the video folder,though I still have it selected under audio only effect.instead I have the soniques duplicated in the visualization folder.thats because i had moved them both back to "normal" video folder but later decided to check try this...I closed the video screen and droped a video on deck 1 & mp3 on deck 2 (remember to link the video crossfader Lol.otherwise you'll have to click on one of the decks screens to select which is outputed...are we on the same track? will check again tomorrow.

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 6:36 am
recorded on video so you can see them ...

* first: autocue, when I select cue ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDo04KYOq90&feature=youtu.be

* Second: the option of moving to not send the files ...

http://youtu.be/XB0Fa1LQQN0

good then the loss pluing equalizer, 10 band approaching a point of use, the sound flangea, and in 30 to move a certain number of frequencies hangs the program, Fashion ...

I leave here, because where do donot, Thanks

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 6:42 am
prasanfPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Hey guys is there any way of cycling through the visualizations?

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 7:15 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
discobrian24 wrote :
Try newest version of the beta. Set you audio only vis to Milkdrop usin the newest. THEN load a video on 1 and a mp3 on 2. Play the vid then go to 2 and play. Once u know ur on the Milkdrop in the dropdown look to see if milkdrop anywhere is lit up?? IF you are on the audio only it should be the one under the Visualisation folder and that is how it was on the previous plugin. Let me know. Thanks.

I don't understand Brian.

With no tracks loaded the visualisation was active on the master.
With two video tracks loaded the visualisation was not active.
With one audio track and one video track loaded the visualisation was active on the audio deck.
With two audio tracks loaded the visualisation was active on the master.

This is intended behaviour for visualisations in v8.

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 7:58 am
DJ_Craig wrote :
How do I change it to 2K textures?

The plugin has a 'High Quality' option which ups it from 1k to 2k.

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 8:45 am
Jason KPRO InfinityMember since 2007
It still works perfect on my gig machine, but the office computer stopped working. I deleted everything VDJ 8 and 7 installed again, but no luck. Videos, and samples work, but nothing out of milkdrop. I'm also having an issue where the skin goes from light grey to dark grey and back a few times, then it just stays dark grey.

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 10:41 am
My test machine it works great.. Hmmm Ill test more on the gig rig Friday..

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 5:16 pm
just tested it all.this thing its flying! OMG! not sure what the difference of whether milkdrops is in the video effects or the visualization but,I have been using in the video plugins but...have it marked in the audio only as I mentioned.if it opens with no problem when video screen is activated...then it behaves like its in the "VIZ" folder.thats why Im having problems duplicating what Discobrian is sayin.no problems here.also noticed that after the last update vdj is scanning bpms at light speeds :) jeez! its crazy I tell you...

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 11:05 pm
Greetings.

Milkdrop This effect is very, very good, I've noticed several details, while running the Milkdrop only audio, no video function the sample, unless it loaded at least 1 video on any deck. Sometimes they close and reopen (QUICK) VDJ pressing HIGH RESOLUTION, and the last thing I note is that my laptop heats up more when this active MilkDrop. Anyone else noticed this to?

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 11:40 pm
discobrian24 wrote :
My test machine it works great.. Hmmm Ill test more on the gig rig Friday..

brian,I think youre are worring about the milkdrop button lighting up under the visualization folder? well I dont think it behaves that way because of its location in the stream,correct me if I'm wrong Scott.I tend to take matters with a different aproach.so this is what I figurred. if you put the dll in the "Viz" (lets start calling it that,OK?) folder well its then running at the master output.but if you put it at the video plugins folder,then its in the chain before that.but I then copied the dll on the "Viz" folder and left the original at the effects folder,plus...I have a copy of the soniques folder in Viz as well.now when I open the Gui panel on the Effects section I get one sequence of Milkdrops and the Viz its running behind it,right? now..gentlemen,when you turn it off the Viz copy will show at a different sequence (algorythim) and you have both.Im getting "0" conflicts and its zooming!..btw the effects buttom does light up.but you dont need that except to know which copy its running.though if you open the ShowLogo+ which is also at the effect chain you will see whats happening...I hope :) so the answer is = use two milkdrops,on both locations.had to test this for a day,its good..

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 12:22 am
dang! I think I see what you're saying brian...Im unable to crossfade with video on one and milkdrop on the other deck.seems it not able to reset...

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 1:51 am
samirdj21 wrote :
Sometimes they close and reopen (QUICK) VDJ pressing HIGH RESOLUTION

I'm aware of this. I'd recommend not changing it whilst the plugin is actually running for now.

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 9:39 am
thetracker510 wrote :
dang! I think I see what you're saying brian...Im unable to crossfade with video on one and milkdrop on the other deck.seems it not able to reset...

No problem doing that here.

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 9:41 am
Please make sure you are using the latest version of this plugin - v1.23 - as it fixes a couple of potential crashes when changing settings.

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 11:22 am
SBDJ wrote :
thetracker510 wrote :

No problem doing that here.

hmmm the problem is that I activated it everywhere then forgot which is on or off.but I rebooted vdj and is good again.then I studied what is activated.since I have milkdrop selected in audio only files then its on when video is activated.now doing what discobrian was suggesting,that is loading a mp3 on one side and a video on the other side will work properly where you can see a transition between the two decks.now if you activate milkdrop again in the plugins section,it will overlay on top.good except now it hides the showlogo which i want on top.follow?...so then I proceed to turn off and turn on the show logo again so it lays on top.fine.but now we are getting confused to which milkdrop is activated last.I looked at the dll that are lit and they light up allright but that one activated by the audio only selection wont show,causing the confusion.that all as they say in Brooklyn lol.so what can be done here?

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 2:14 pm
downloaded and testing right now.funny...cause I was about to report one of the presets outputing as a black screen and seemed stuck until i open thye Gui controls and hit cut lol...hope thats fixed...will report...

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 8:11 pm
No issues with the latest available version of the plugin. Had crashs with the older version, too.

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 11:31 pm
yeah..all good here so far...scott,what about that preset select?...

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 12:40 am
Plugin updated to v1.24:

* (v8) Moved plugin to first in chain so that things like video samples are visible over the top.

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 10:50 am
ewitlesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Does it have to be in both folders? It shows up twice in the effects.

Also, my main lappy won't download milkdrop package (or any others). IE tells me the file is harmful and won't allow milkdrop to install. Even with downloading from a different browser.

WIndows 7 x64

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 11:38 am
81%