Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Sonique is dead... Long live Milkdrop. - Page: 4

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I got one more thing I am gonna try and check tonight. I am gonna check my graphics card settings to see if it is set to quality or best performance.

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 5:51 pm
my soniques work were they allways been,in the video effects folder.I had moved them temporarily to the visualizations folder just to check that the visualization part was working when in fact I was trying to get milkdrop to work (with VDJ8).but they both work were ever.its there a reason you guys keep recommending that location?

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 5:55 pm
thetracker510 wrote :
its there a reason you guys keep recommending that location?

When in this folder they can be used independently, the same as other video effects. But they can be used a videoAudioOnlyVisualisations also.

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 5:59 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
discobrian24 wrote :
Scott have you found anything that would be causing the ext monitor to freeze on track load?? Like I said as a workaround I am simply using the effect instead of using it for all my mp3s.

No, have you tried the latest version of the plugin (1.22) to see if it still happens?

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 6:02 pm
Will try that tonight thanks.

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 6:29 pm
@ Touchdan...Gotcha....thnx...

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 7:06 pm
ewitlesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
so I hafta dump all the svp files into the visulations folder?

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 8:39 pm
Or you can create a sonqie folder inside visualisations.

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 8:45 pm
ewitlesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
did that but it does not see it

my bad. does now.

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 9:06 pm
Ha,ha you were going to empty out the whole enchilada into the pot?...no,no,no...lol...I keep these in their own folder no matter where I put 'em .would be a mess otherwise when sorting...gotta keep things tidy...;)

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 10:30 pm
Okk I am having the same issues as I had in the past with Sonique overtaking the master with your newest update to Milkdrop. Also lost control of them. In the other one u had I could see it lit up under Visualisations. BUT with it as a Visualisation with audio only I think the freeze went away. Have an app hang on close EVERYTIME I close VDJ with Milkdrop as an audio only effect. I will try to find the screenshot.

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 10:37 pm
Was on an older version of VDJ, but that didn't change anything. This milkdrop is acting completely different than the old version.

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 11:59 pm
dont know what to tell you Brian,it allways works in v7 and in v8.as for the various releases scott did with milkdrop I've kept the previous version only until I see that the new is working...

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 2:06 am
Tracker thanks for the info but I know what I am talkin about.. Things got weird..

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 3:00 am
No issues in 7.4.1.

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 3:01 am
will test again....

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 3:03 am
Try newest version of the beta. Set you audio only vis to Milkdrop usin the newest. THEN load a video on 1 and a mp3 on 2. Play the vid then go to 2 and play. Once u know ur on the Milkdrop in the dropdown look to see if milkdrop anywhere is lit up?? IF you are on the audio only it should be the one under the Visualisation folder and that is how it was on the previous plugin. Let me know. Thanks.

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 3:11 am
SBDJ wrote :
I think you misunderstand me.

What happens if you run your VDJ output at the required resolution, with the plugin enabled and high quality mode (ie 2k texture sizes) enabled?

Control of FPS and vsync are outside a plugins remit; they are controlled by the VDJ video engine obviously.

How do I change it to 2K textures?

It looks low res (like 640x480 or something) and circles are distorted. Even the VDJ logo does not look crisp. It's not running it at the screens resolution anyhow.

EDIT: I tested in Winamp and it does the same thing in fullscreen mode on the secondary monitor. But it is correct if launched fullscreen on the primary monitor. If I use the fake fullscreen option the plugin options in Winamp it looks correct on the secondary monitor. But of course there is no option to use fake fullscreen in VDJ.

EDIT2: In VDJ I think it's also to do with having 3 displays with differing aspect ratios. Monitor 0 is 1920x1200. Monitor 1 is 1680x1050 and monitor 3 is my HDTV at 1920x1080.

Deleting the VideoWindowPosition line and letting it re-detect the displays hepled some although why I have a resolution of 1920x1170 listed is beyond me.

I really need the track info to show option so I can see if the text is jaggy looking or not to be sure. It's the best way I could tell in Winamp.

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 5:39 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
In that case I suspect your issue lies with your video output from VDJ rather than the plugin, since the logo should look fine. I assume your display resolution for that output is set to 1080p.

Mine resizes to 1920x1080 just fine :)

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 6:15 am
How do I change it to 2K textures?

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 6:36 am
65%