Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Sonique is dead... Long live Milkdrop. - Page: 6

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Well it's safe so force it to install, lol!!

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 12:38 pm
ewitlesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
i know. says it installed. but did not really.

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 12:54 pm
Thanks Tracker for testin it out. I will test Friday with the newest one. Thanks Scott!

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 1:09 pm
sure thing Brian,its kinda my duty... :)

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 2:20 pm
SBDJ...you are GOD! just checked the latest update...and is right on! I'm able to enable it either on the plugins or the "VIZ" and the showlogo (which I'm using in "no animation mode" until the mirror issue is fixed,you can still use it like this btw) stayes on top.furthermore I am able to keep track of which is showing.guys...if you have it checked on the options as Audio only then that one acts as a master milkdrop. ie: its allways on in the background.now if like me you say activated again under plugins or visualization then you can open the GUI and control it.I again did it so many times I confused the system (intentionally,testing this) and it had turned off on the "MASTER" side,causing a black screen while crossfading from left deck with mp3 playing...and right deck with video playing .but this time I was able to reactivate by simply enableling milkdrop as a plugin again.then when you click it off you will see it running in the background as a "Master" with a diferrent preset which is cool.this is why I do this.each milkdrop you activate will be at another sequence and you can switch rapidly.Go try it!
Edit: forgot to mention... if you copy the milkdrop dll at both locations,make sure that you recopy it in the visualization folder after every update of the plugin...

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 6:30 pm
Oh,oh ...we got an issue...I've pm'd you scott...

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 8:22 pm
My personal wish would be if you are running this not as an effect, but as an audio only thing that there is only one way to control it and not be deck dependent this way there is no confusion. Possibly renaming it to something else so there is no confusion inside VDJ if you so choose to run it as an effect, make sense??

Posted Fri 23 May 14 @ 9:37 pm
I'm here brian,Im about to post a big report...yeah that makes sense.rename it.you know scott changed the placement on this,so it wont overlap a logo lets say...but I can get the Gui open on the master mixer channel,did you try that ? I see no problem there...man I have'nt had lunch yet. testing big time.stay tune,new thread...

Posted Fri 23 May 14 @ 9:51 pm
It is weird. If I have 2 mp3s loaded it is forced to master and I can control it so far. I am testing.. This past time I had mp3 on 1 and vid on 2 and couldnt control it.

Posted Fri 23 May 14 @ 10:04 pm

Posted Fri 23 May 14 @ 10:21 pm
Now that I am back in automix it will turn on and off like it should. Hmm. Scott can we rename the .dll like we did in 7??

Posted Fri 23 May 14 @ 10:38 pm

Posted Fri 23 May 14 @ 10:44 pm
hmm ...then I better not....

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 5:10 pm
If somebody have a problem with the MILKDROP...Need to install DirX9...And everything´s gonna be OK...Thanks..I had the same problem..:)

Posted Wed 28 May 14 @ 6:25 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I've just updated the installers for these - they will now check if you have the correct DirectX components and offer to assist you in updating if you don't.

Posted Wed 28 May 14 @ 8:53 pm
jaakkoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I cannot install any directX version on win 8.1. IF I download manually directx9 it says "you must be running win 98, 2000, xp or server 2003 to install directX 9.0". Also if I try to install the latest ones, microsoft prompts that DirectX 11.2 is included in windows 8.1 and there is no standlaone update allowed. The correct version is not included because the plugin does not work- I also downloaded the latest version of the plugin. It says "Install completed - DirectX update is required. Download it Now?" If I press yes, nothing happens tho.

Posted Thu 29 May 14 @ 10:52 am

Posted Thu 29 May 14 @ 10:56 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Thats the one Dan.

Posted Thu 29 May 14 @ 11:03 am
LONG LIVE MILKDROP! HAIL TO THE KING!!

Posted Thu 29 May 14 @ 11:28 am
jaakkoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Now it worked out1 Thanks for the link.

Posted Thu 29 May 14 @ 1:13 pm
98%