Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Login Access without LIve internet - Page: 9

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
My bad let me explain. 30 days is for the Subscriber license. If you have VirtualDJ Pro Infinity you need to login once as written by most.

Don't worry guys, we aren't making it any more difficult. You can login offline as well with VirtualDJ Pro Infinity.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 8:42 pm
DJ KozPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Let's all trust the VDJ team. Just like we expect our clients to let us do our job, let's allow the team to do theirs. I think they are all doing an excellent job supporting and fixing our issues with the new version. Let them do their thing.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 8:58 pm
Atomix, we see you are listening. Thank you.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 9:31 pm
SuperAceMan wrote :

As stated previously, we will have an offline license available to those who truly do need it at the time of release. But please understand, the new licensing system allows for many more benefits for all our users.

Thank you super ace man.... you have answered my concern.
As a pro user in a commercial environment I am happy to say this solution is great.Thank you again.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 9:55 pm
djtouchdan wrote :
Ultimately what an Atomix representative says goes.

As a moderator i am not given any more information than you.

But to clarify again....

• When you log into the 2nd machine this will disengage the license for the original machine on the the VDJ servers. THIS WILL NOT AFFECT YOUR 1st MACHINE UNTIL VDJ IS RESTARTED

dj-in-norway wrote :
first of all users are familiar with and used to log in use for apps, and programs already .. . and its coming more and more..
Microsoft, Adobe, Apple, everyone....

I have an Adobe CC license, and when I log into Premiere on my second computer, it does not disable the license on the first. So if one of my two computers goes down I lose the ability to use VDJ on it when it comes back up. There goes any reason to use a Pioneer DDJ-SZ with its dual connections. It also breaks the backup. So if my 1st laptop goes down for any reason, I start playing with the second, which disabled the license (in your own words above) on the first machine when it comes back up. Now there is an issue with the second machine. Ohh crap can’t use the first machine.

As I said. I do appreciate the intent. I just believe there needs to be some tweaking of the implementation. BTW, I have an iPhone on ATT, so I cannot feather without jail breaking. That’s just not gonna happen, and I am not buying a new phone or switching providers just to support some stupid rewrite of software.

So it looks like my choices as they stand now
Continue using 7.4.1 with it’s inferior sound engine.
Take a chance with 8 and hope for the best.
or switch to Serato which I really don’t want to do.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 9:57 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
djstevieray wrote :
So if one of my two computers goes down I lose the ability to use VDJ on it when it comes back up. There goes any reason to use a Pioneer DDJ-SZ with its dual connections. It also breaks the backup. So if my 1st laptop goes down for any reason, I start playing with the second, which disabled the license (in your own words above) on the first machine when it comes back up. Now there is an issue with the second machine. Ohh crap can’t use the first machine.

I'm not sure your understanding how the logins are working. In your scenario, with out internet, both machines will remain logged in fine.
EDIT: And they will be offering a license file for those that are not on the internet via contacting support after the full release.

djstevieray wrote :
BTW, I have an iPhone on ATT, so I cannot feather without jail breaking. That’s just not gonna happen, and I am not buying a new phone or switching providers just to support some stupid rewrite of software.

Not sure if your interested, but tethering with an iPhone on AT&T works just fine. I use mine as a hotspot via cable and as a wifi hotspot all the time. It's how I am able to get requests while at a gig.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 10:15 pm
J-SnipPRO InfinityMember since 2006
But some of us *cough me* are on a grandfathered unlimited plan. If we want need to tether we are forced to go on a shared device plan. I personally don't want to.

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 12:34 am
J-SnipPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hmm. Can't edit previous post...

It's not that I don't want to but I cannot justify it's use (tethering) only a few times. If it's that important it can wait until I am not djing. For me crowd control is number 1 so any social online activities while it's busy will just have to wait.

I'm satisfied with the answers from the team thus why I've not asked stated anything else on this matter. And besides it could change in the final version so I'm not basing any judgment til the end result comes out.

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 12:39 am
Problem is some users are paranoid. I use my gig laptops as a "normal" machines and since starting with PCDJ in 1999 I have never had a virus or anything happen to compromise a gig.

I connect to public wifi, browse the Web, have remote wifi connection to my Android tablet and bluetooth mice and keyboards.

Seriously, if people are so paranoid about all this just go back to using CDs. Things have moved on.

Quick question Rune, what is to stop someone logging in to 40 machines and permanently activating VDJ on all of them with their infinity licence?
There are people out there who would buy one then sell it to other Djs on the cheap.

Keith

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 2:00 am
gbeulPRO InfinityMember since 2007

thats what hapend after updating vdj8 with MSI Update (deinstall vdj8 and installing 1752) i have internet only very restricted via proxy but could not login with vdj.

if this would hapen in live "i would been f* up"

i will try to conncat support for offline lic

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 2:25 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
why did you made a deinstallation of vdj8 ? you have a auto update function, so there is no need for any previous deinstallation...

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 2:30 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I think its because his "strict proxy" won't download updates.

@Gerrit: Once the final version is released just contact the support and they will help you
and give you something to use VDJ offline or if no connectino could be established.

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 2:49 am
gbeulPRO InfinityMember since 2007
will do it thanks.
@robroy
if you don't get autoupdate than you have to download the msi.

@development
the old v 7 msi is able to be overinstalled with current version!

the new v8 msi request an manuall deinstallation (wich kills all the internal stuff even if you decide not to delete)
please consider that removing the old version (v8) will be done within the msi wich could prevent maby the lic timer from being deleted

best regrads

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 3:08 am
Homeboy wrote :
My bad let me explain. 30 days is for the Subscriber license. If you have VirtualDJ Pro Infinity you need to login once as written by most.

Don't worry guys, we aren't making it any more difficult. You can login offline as well with VirtualDJ Pro Infinity.

So logging in with a normal Pro license will not expire after 30 days of being away from the net?

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 4:49 am
VirtualDJ Infinity (or normal license if you want), will not expire if you don't go online no

The 30 day expire is for the VirtualDJ Pro Subcriber model, that needs to reactivate monthly.
Think there was some confusion about that yesterday. When talking about 30 days expire, its the Subcriber model.

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 5:43 am
Ok thanks for clarifying.

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 5:45 am
Homeboy wrote :

The club can OWN the software. But the club is responsible for maintaining the login and password. If it becomes SHARED then its a problem. Once you login you do not need to login again unless you login elsewhere.

Perhaps Atomix needs to investigate a "Club Plug-In" or "Mulit-DJ" mode, which hides the login details, and opens the software in a partially-restricted capacity. Like it can read only from internal harddrives, or can only read from external, etc. The using DJ might have to maintain a free Atomix user account to access the "Club" edition of the software.

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 7:43 am
If I understand this correctly, I've been reading down through these posts. As long as I have a Single Machine Running VDJ8 I should be good. I usually do not have internet access at my gig locations. So I can't use the music search database provided by VDJ. I just want to make sure that if I go to a gig and dont have internet VDJ8 will still function in a Full Opteration Mode. I am a pro user.

I also have V7 so if it will not work i can allows just jump down to 7.

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 9:45 am
mikadadPRO InfinityMember since 2011
maybe I am missing something but I just disabled my internet/wifi on my laptop and was able to open VDJ8 and play my local AND my cached tracks with no issues, no popup messages...

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 9:56 am
Yep, if you have no internet connection, but your last state was "logged in" then it will stay logged in.

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 10:02 am
84%