Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Login Access without LIve internet - Page: 8

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

yeah that will be fine

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 7:31 pm
Just wondering:

What happens if the computer's date is set back (29 days for example)?

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 7:32 pm
groovindj wrote :
Yes...... as I've mentioned elsewhere about this a few days ago, once your average idiot gets to know that VDJ 8 has a big "log out" button which can be navigated to in seconds, that disables some of the functionality, then it's open season on VDJ users!

It can even be clicked when 8 is in show mode (the close button is disabled). It needs a security feature.

Well basically the whole login doesnt need to be there in the first place.

Suggested remeedy which I hope VDJ will consider for the proper release.

1. When you run VDJ8 for the first time it asks for your license code (which will be in your account) as per previous releases.
2. You enter license code and VDJ determines the type of license i.e. one off payment (perm) or subscription (pay monthly).
3. In the license screen it tells you which license you have (either never expire) or a monthly license with a remaining days to re activate.
4. If you have a never expire license then you shouldnt have to ever go online, if you have a monthly subscription then when your subscription is getting near the end you click a button to check you havent stopped paying and then it re activates.

There is no need to have a login / logout for the license, just for subscription services.

Or to make it even more easier, why not have two versions of the installation file, one for infinate users and one for monthly subscribers with the infinate version not requiring a login.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 7:36 pm
You are making things WAY more complicated than they need to be.

Understand - we all understand your concerns. But you are making things harder than they need to be.

* Its simple, if your machine goes on line regularly then you can login and logout without issue.
* If it doesn't go online then when we reach full launch, contact support who will supply the relevant license file.

Two solutions simple as that!!

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 7:40 pm
Crap now you got me confused. I go online and enter my info, then pull the plug. Is it good for 30 days OR is it good til the next time it sees the net. Groovin you are makin this more confusing. The team is answering questions and you are adding how you think it works. Rune please tell me which way this works.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 7:40 pm
well things might change and not set in stone, hence pre-release reviewing going on.. ..

If you have logged in your PC and then log out, it should be valid for you for permanent use.
If your pc can not go online what so ever, we can provide you a license file you can put on this offline pc ..

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 7:46 pm
djtouchdan wrote :
You are making things WAY more complicated than they need to be.

Understand - we all understand your concerns. But you are making things harder than they need to be.

* Its simple, if your machine goes on line regularly then you can login and logout without issue.
* If it doesn't go online then when we reach full launch, contact support who will supply the relevant license file.

Two solutions simple as that!!

Sorry if it comes accross that way.

I believe the whole point of a pre-release version and this discussion forum is to get feedback from users.

This is my feedback and I believe I'm not the only one who thinks this is an issue.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 7:46 pm
You are correct - your not the only one.

And indeed the pre-release is to iron out any further issues.

BUT - this debate is going on and on and on. There is a solution for those who need it, It's not as if these login method is the only method. If this was the case then i would totally understand the debate and peoples upset about it.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 7:51 pm
dj-in-norway wrote :
well things might change and not set in stone, hence pre-release reviewing going on.. .

Hence my suggestion.

If you are a paid up user you should get an installation file which comes with a infinate license file after entering your license code.

Or if you choose to be a pay monthly then you get an installation file which comes with the 30 day license file as it is now.

The only reason I can see why the 30 day online login is required would be to check monthly subscribers have paid up, paid up front users shouldnt be required to do this.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 7:52 pm
it also makes me wonder what information is being collected, when used? songs played? data mining is huge

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 7:57 pm
Just thinking out loud here:

What about those VDJ users who don't frequent the forum or visit the web site very often.....?

How will they know that there's a permanent license file available? Will it be mentioned during install for example, or somewhere on the license config page?

Will it be made clear during install or the first time login procedure that people have an offline period of 30 days?

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 7:58 pm
SuperAceMan wrote :
djjameslake wrote :
I guess support is going to be mega busy then. Request put in.

Please note: We are not offering offline licenses for pre-release currently. This will be something that will be available come full release. The pre-release is a special sneak preview for our loyal pro users and is not recommended for live events.

Played it for 8 hours live at the club last night FLAWLESS !!!!!!!!!!

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 7:59 pm
djjohnnyrox wrote :
it also makes me wonder what information is being collected, when used? songs played? data mining is huge

Yes have a look in the config, it is by default collecting info, but can be dissabled in the internet options when you tick the advance options box.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 7:59 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Just a thought, but if we're allowed to install VDJ on two machines, why not simply allow two machines to be logged in, and only log them out if a third computer logs in? Would save a lot of hassle and confusion I'd have thought.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 8:19 pm
Ok trying to clarify, i think we are talking a tiny bit past each other here... and even i'm getting a bit confused by all the questions, made up scenarios and all..

VirtualDJ PRO 8 has several ways of purchase, two main ones are: 1) Subscriber - monthly payment model 2) Infinity - one time purchase
(all of us here now have Infinity if we have VDJ 7 PRO)

#1 the subscriber model is valid by monthly payment, and needs to be reactivated (30 days expire for licence).
#2 the infinity model needs a license file once (this file dont expire)

For #1 the subscriber model, I think its would make sense for everyone that this is an online PC, where you log in to (re)activate, at least occasionally, its after all a subscriber model.

If for some reason your gig pc can never go online to activate Infinity, we can provide an offline activation file for you (by contacting support).

If your pc can go online at least once, to activate VDJ Infinity (and for most this will be standard - either they are online all the time, or do so to download VDJ in the first place, or update), the license will never expire should you go offline.

I think the confusion is related to the scenario if you have more than one pc online, and log in to a 2nd pc. This would require you to log in again at first pc when restarting VDJ.
But thats all.

At least to my understanding this is how things work, but again, things could change, and we are still at pre-release stage.
Hope that made sense.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 8:19 pm
Atomix, we understand your fear of piracy, but dont cut your nose off to spite your face. 2 licenses running, period. no net, my main goes down, my backup BETTER WORK, period. My main comes back, has all my song on it, it better come on and WORK, period. If that's an issue, your gonna lose us...

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 8:28 pm
Everything is moving to the cloud (like it or not) and we are simply following the curve in that regard. Online is where you get your music, check your email, play on social networks, etc. Now with Version 8, updating is all done automagically through the interface so that your bug fixes are updated in real time instead of being forced to go download the latest version. This is intuitive and very user friendly!

Taking your gig machine "offline for security purposes" is no longer necessary in all honesty. How will you update your offline computers with updated software and hardware mappings? How will you install the latest OS that fixes some silly graphical fix? Are you honestly going to take the long road and transfer driver and update info via flash drive these days only to find that another plugin or component doesn't work because it wasn't updated as well? What information is so security sensitive on your machine that you don't want to ever put it online?

I understand your concerns, I really do, but from the perspective of someone that has sensitive information on their computer, I am not afraid to connect to the internet with my gig machines as that has been one of the biggest benefits of fixing bugs in my OS or any other software that I use.

As stated previously, we will have an offline license available to those who truly do need it at the time of release. But please understand, the new licensing system allows for many more benefits for all our users.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 8:29 pm
Makes sence to me and I'm Mexican ;)

burnyabad wrote :

it better come on and work ..

will work just fine ;)

djjohnnyflo wrote :
Makes sence to me and I'm Mexican ;)

hehehe good good ;)

74%