Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Login Access without LIve internet - Page: 11

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

it still will not work in a club setting with each dj logging out.....
in the case, as in our club, of spotty internet service, it may be impossible for the guy in the morning to log in.
Since the night guy logged out, he cannot use the program, club fires someone....kills the club...
In the case of spotty service, it would break the EULA if I CANNOT log out due to spotty service and the next guy uses the club computer.

thus, this is not a good fit for a club...and its making me mad since I want it in our club....and the club wants us to use their powerful system not our shitty laptops..... upset over this...need a club license structure of some kind.
with a non internet way of keeping it logged in...

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 11:42 am
in this scenario, you'd probably request an offline license file that you can transfer to the venue ;)
and since this is a venue with one laptop, the venue should of course have a license (activated once to never expire).
The djs using the venue system, wouldnt log in and out, its offline you say.

For most other club djs, they do bring their own laptops to gig of course, and this scenario has no impact.

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 11:44 am
"I think the confusion is related to the scenario if you have more than one pc online, and log in to a 2nd pc. This would require you to log in again at first pc when restarting VDJ."

But here is the problem... when we purchased the software, we were told that we could use it on two machines. Most of us use the software on two machines AT THE SAME TIME.

If you log into one machine, it kicks you out of the second machine. So in reality, you can only use ONE machine at a time and that is not what we agreed to.

It is a MUST for dj's to have access to their software on two machines, as we were promised when we purchased. This stuff about signing into one machine and it signs you out on the other machines won't work.

Thanks,

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 12:13 pm
The software only checks login status at launch. So you CAN have two machines open and running VDJ 8 at the same time.

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 12:14 pm
You're NOT permitted to use it on two machines at the same time.

The EULA allows for it to be installed on two machines, but for one to be a backup for the other - not to run two copies at once.

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 12:16 pm
If both are connected to the internet?

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 12:16 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
The software won't kick you out.
That has been said numerous times before in this thread.

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 12:17 pm
Per the EULA - " It gives you the right to install and use the software on a maximum of two computers"

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 12:17 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
groovindj wrote :
You're NOT permitted to use it on two machines at the same time.

The EULA allows for it to be installed on two machines, but for one to be a backup for the other - not to run two copies at once.

You don't "use" it at the same time.
It doesn't say you're not allowed to have two instances running.
At least that's my understanding.

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 12:19 pm
djmagicmoments wrote :
If both are connected to the internet?

Is that a question for me?

If so, yes. I'll try and explain how it works.
If you have an internet connection:
Open VDJ8 on PC1 - login as normal (if required) - Pro Version Activated
Open VDJ8 on PC2 - login as normal - Pro Version Activated and this will not affect PC1

Now - if you EXIT VDJ of PC2 and relaunch it - it will NOT ask for you to login - as this was the last machine connected to the VDJ servers.
BUT - if you EXIT VDJ on PC1 and relaunch it - YOU WILL NEED TO LOGIN AGAIN.

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 12:19 pm
think one is making it out as something its not ;)

the Eula is meant to be user friendly and flexible, meaning you can have a backup pc, and you can install on two pc's without anyone coming after you to shoot you ;) hehe.. as long as its fair use, its not a big problem..

And "the same time" is more a practical phrase, as we all have two hands, and cant mix on two pc's at the "same time" so to speak.. if you are running your laptop and desktop at same time, and happen to have VDJ open, its fair use.

If you on the other hand, have two guys mixing at two completely different venues, with same license, thats beyond fair use..

Some common sense goes far i guess ;)

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 12:24 pm
Great explanation Dan... thanks!

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 12:27 pm
Guys, I've been using a PC to DJ since 2001. Yeah, I don't like to connect to the internet with my systems but you're not surfing the net and you're not opening a browser. And consider this, PCDJ's licensing was a real pain. Lets say your laptop dies and now you're using your backup. The next day you can run down to Staples, buy a new one, install VDJ, log in and your good. PCDJ was licensed to that system using processor and motherboard ID's... you couldn't do this without calling and begging them to reactivate. I know, it happened. And a dongle? No way!
These guys need to stay in business, and we need them to. For those Pro Users making 1000-4000 for a wedding, buying an addition license shouldn't be a financial burden, I don't think anyway.
But, I'd hate to have turned on my Denon 2000MK2 in 1998 and being lock out. They will have a viable solution, maybe like PCDJ...

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 12:30 pm
Let's face it, there aren't many places these days that don't have some sort of net access.

Your typical wedding venue (hotel etc), even if they don't have wifi in the event area, would have an office somewhere with computers connected to a land line. If you do get into a situation, ask them nicely if you can connect for a few seconds and problem solved.

I remember attending a wedding where the B&G wanted to walk in to a certain track, but the track would not play on the device the band had, so they ended up in the office downloading the track again (in another format) to their computer and transferring it over.

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 12:40 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)