Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Login Access without LIve internet - Page: 6

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

czech54 wrote :
And Apparently MANY others have as well, including several users who attempted to use the software live last night, only to have this internet validation nonsense ruin their life.

think you misunderstand how this works, if they downloaded VDJ8 their licence is valid even with no internet. So last nite was no issue for anyone...

And should one want an offline license simply contact support and its given ..

again, no problems ;) you are just making it out to be, its actually a thing you'll never see, worry about and think about in practical use.. its automatic.. (and should one be of RARE ones that NEVER EVER use the net, there is solution as said many times)

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 4:37 pm
Gee wiz,

Thanks VDJ for implementing this, hopefully we will see a few more licensed users as a result.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 4:44 pm
that too ;) should make it less easy to be a freebie crack user ...

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 4:52 pm
jbezzPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Okay, now I am worried! Here is my scenario... I did not touch my main or backup laptops at all yet! I am running 7.4.1 on both. I don't want to install 8 on either one until it is released to the public (so some bugs get taken care of first) I was curious so I downloaded it on a different laptop that I do not use for my gigs. Question is what will happen when I finally install it on ,y main and backup machines. I will only use those two, will there be an issue?

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 5:13 pm
No, just delete it from the one you are trying it on now.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 5:14 pm
You may gain a few more licensed users but I have a feeling you may lose a few who already have licenses

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 5:31 pm
i dont see why .. its easier than ever.. can even buy online and have instant access without even having to register at forum etc ;)

and its as simple as login to Facebook ;) and they are doing just fine ;)

Besides this kind of software license/use will come more and more, its the trend and standard, from Office to Adobe, to Apple ... logging in, cloud use etc etc. Users will be well adjusted to and familiar with this in no time ;) if not already, I think most all are. Its just new to old timers at first, but give it a try, and you'll see how easy it is ;)

for the rare few that would have any issues with the modern day world of logging in everywhere, we have an offline solution too ;) as mentioned tons of times

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 5:34 pm
There needs to be a licensing explanation web page somewhere that you can point people towards.

If it's like this now, imagine what it'll be like once 8's fully released!

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 5:39 pm
true, should make a nice info page how this work. ;) and how easy it is to use

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 5:41 pm
I am happy with the way it works anyway, because I am always updating VDJ before I leave for gigs, and the laptop is connected to my LAN whilst I am doing it.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 5:45 pm
I thought this was the explanation page ;-)

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 5:53 pm
it is , but maybe should be an in-depth wiki ...

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 5:54 pm
It's all about perception. As soon as people hear that you have to log In users of other software will start to use this to tear Vdj apart and those who read or hear that and have never used the software will shy away.

Secondly as soon as someone can perform at their gig because of a sign in issue for whatever reason that too will be talked about blogged about and used

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 6:10 pm
i dont think so at all ..
first of all users are familiar with and used to log in use for apps, and programs already .. . and its coming more and more..
Microsoft, Adobe, Apple, everyone....
Secondly its not like it expires if you are at a gig, your license stays valid

At first look it might be strange to an old VDJ users, but use it for a bit, and you'll see its as hassle free as using your Instagram ;)

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 6:14 pm
As long as the competition doesn't require you to sign in it will be perceived as a negative People want what is the easiest people Don't like change. Windows 8 no matter how you feel about it is largely considered a failure because it changed how you used windows it was no longer what people were used to. I'm not saying that vdj 's success with v8 hinges on signing in. All I'm saying is that people have other choices in software which don't require log in and others will exploit that fact to promote their choice of software

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 6:24 pm
well i dont think so at all ;)
rather the opposite .. its easy and far more flexible than before..

so since you give scenarios, you can now head over to a buddy's place for a little house party, he has a limited version of vdj, just log in at his pc, and boom, you have vdj pro ready to rock ;) etc etc

as well as opposite scenario, you forget to log out at the above example, log in at home, and he is back to his own version

and on top of that, logging into apps is common place by now ;)

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 6:27 pm
That's where we see things differently. I'm not going to a buddies place to play. I'm a working dj who makes his living as dj. As do many others , we are the one who have to hear " why are you using Virtual real dj's use........ I have serato, (with my vci 300) I have traktor (with my audio 6). I use vdj most of the time because it works well for me, it works with my small controller. it wirks well for many others.....I just don't understand why you would add a requirement that could potentially (for whatever reason) make the software not work. If I go to a buddies house and it doesn't work no big deal. If I'm at the club and it doesn't work (for whatever reason) Then I have to use other software

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 6:41 pm
I have been requested to take my concerns over this to here as opposed to the Facebook Group so I am doing so with the hope that VDJ will sort this issue out for the main release, otherwise the software is unsuitable for professional use.

By unsuitable for professional use I mean it would be unprofessional to not be able to perform at somebody's wedding simply because you forgot to re login within 30 days of the last time or for some reason your computer managed to loose the login session and you have no internet connection.

My gig laptops never go on the internet for security reasons (all music is added to external drives from another computer which runs a full anti virus scan everytime the drives are updated with music). Call me paranoid of you like, but this is a professional business and my livelyhood, not just for fun.

What was wrong with the old system where you downloaded from within your account your own installation file and entered your own license code, these could be downloaded from another computer to your gig laptop and scanned before transfering on a memory stick etc. ?

I see in the license screen there is the option to enter your license number, but it still then requires you to login (which has to be done with an internet connection) and then it requires internet access to validate the license code. So one assumes as it's validated the license code that this would then be updated in the registry and job done, but oh no. If you log out it totally forgets the license code you entered and requires you to go online to log in again.

I can understand that there are two ways of buying VDJ8:

1. One off payment
2. Pay monthly subscription.

With the second I can see that once you enter the license code after 30 days why it would need to go online to check your subscription hasnt expired. But with the first (which I have) once you have entered /activated the license, sureley it can tell from the license cide that it is a infinite license so would not need to go and check every 30 days? So why??

And I see now that you can no longer download the instalation files for VDJ7 Pro so if you dont like it there is no reverting.

I really do want to continue using VDJ and I can see 8 is going to be good,but this needs addressing and I am begging VDJ to consider the implications of this.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 6:41 pm
as said, tons of times, for users who want an offline license where the "requirement" to log in is not a suitable way, we provide an offline license solution also ;)
just contact support, , its as simple as that ;) you'll then have special licence file were you never have to log in again to activate it.

But most will at least go online to download VDJ and then login and have it activated

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 6:44 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
groovindj wrote :
I am happy with the way it works anyway, because I am always updating VDJ before I leave for gigs, and the laptop is connected to my LAN whilst I am doing it.

I agree with this. I always have both my backup and main laptops getting updates (plugins, tracks, OS, or whatever).

dj-in-norway wrote :
i dont see why .. its easier than ever.. can even buy online and have instant access without even having to register at forum etc ;)

and its as simple as login to Facebook ;) and they are doing just fine ;)

Besides this kind of software license/use will come more and more, its the trend and standard, from Office to Adobe, to Apple ... logging in, cloud use etc etc. Users will be well adjusted to and familiar with this in no time ;) if not already, I think most all are. Its just new to old timers at first, but give it a try, and you'll see how easy it is ;)

for the rare few that would have any issues with the modern day world of logging in everywhere, we have an offline solution too ;) as mentioned tons of times

I agree that this may be being blown up more that needs to be. And, if it helps with the pirated versions, that will help with lost revenue. Which would in theory allow for more money towards future product enhancements. Maybe there will be less complaints about "I saw this DJ using a pirated version". Although, with how well 7 ran for the main stream, that might be a little while ;)

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 6:46 pm
56%