Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Login Access without LIve internet - Page: 5

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

So the VDJ software has to actually be used/opened for this to happen, or does it happen in the background when you're connected?

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 2:12 pm

Shouldnt matter though, as long as you log in, its all activated. And I doubt there is a big percentage of people that dont use their pc online at least occasionally

but sure there are minority gray zone users that might find it slightly more troublesome, for the vast majority its hazzle free;) can even login with your google account in vdj pro as easy as you would on any webpage, with one click, and be rocking with vdj pro

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 2:15 pm
DJ KozPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Not sure support knows..

Date: Tue 13 May 14 @ 2:53 pm
Users were asked to contact support for some type of file for login for VDJ8.

Date: Tue 13 May 14 @ 2:55 pm
Teamer: acw_dj
http://www.virtualdj.com/download/index.html

VirtualJD Support Team

Date: Tue 13 May 14 @ 3:09 pm
That sends me to the VDJ8 and VDJ7 Home Free download page. I'm confused.

Date: Tue 13 May 14 @ 3:15 pm
Teamer: acw_dj

If you are logged correctly, you would see the VirtualDJ 8 for download. If you don't login, then you only see
the Home Free download.

What file are you asking for? VirtualDJ 8 just need you to login.

VirtualDJ Support Team

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 2:16 pm
We need to wait for better solution! According to the support:

yes a work around is use your smartphone if you have to validate. It would take a few secs and a few kb too.

The 30 days would count from your last internet connection, so if you enter the internet before you go to the gig,
it may protect you to be using a home free version because of the validation.

We need to wait until this version is fully release to have the final notes on this.

Kind Regards,

VirtualDJ Support Team
Atomix Productions

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 2:19 pm
DJ Koz wrote :

Users were asked to contact support for some type of file for login for VDJ8.

not sure that was extremely clear as to what you were asking for though :)
if you specify you need a licence for offline use, due to your PC never being online, i'm sure the support guys will know what you ask for ;)

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 2:19 pm
Ok. I forgot to mention offline access. Thanks.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 2:24 pm
I was told the file will not be given out at this time.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 2:46 pm
Probably have to wait a little bit yes, its still pre-release and a few things are yet to be fixed. Wont take long

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 2:47 pm
No problem. Thank you.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 2:50 pm
dj-in-norway wrote :
Probably have to wait a little bit yes, its still pre-release and a few things are yet to be fixed. Wont take long

No problem with that. I believe that we now have a horizon to address this problem and make it even more certain migration to this powerful version.

Best regards.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 3:03 pm
all good ;) and it will be hazzle free ..

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 3:04 pm
czech54PRO InfinityMember since 2012
jumbosom wrote :
We need to wait for better solution! According to the support:

yes a work around is use your smartphone if you have to validate. It would take a few secs and a few kb too.

The 30 days would count from your last internet connection, so if you enter the internet before you go to the gig,
it may protect you to be using a home free version because of the validation.

We need to wait until this version is fully release to have the final notes on this.

Kind Regards,

VirtualDJ Support Team
Atomix Productions

Was this cell phone method described by the support team any where??

Many people do not have tethering abilities with their phone. I'm guessing this would be required to validate? --This doesn't sound like a very feasible option for many users.

I'm also sure that many people, like myself, do not use their back up machine to practice on. So, their back up PC won't be getting regular 'VDJ Pro Validation' updates.

My back up computer usually stays with my speakers and lights, and I don't touch it unless I need to at a gig.

I can easily foresee myself or someone else having an issue with their main PC, and go to use their back up at a non-internet venue, only to find that it's 30 day validation has expired.

Are you telling me, that this software has been YEARS in the works, and yet no one on the development team has considered this very real possibility?

This situation would be a disaster for most of us.

The legitimate Pro users have paid $300 to use a software that is in some cases paramount to their ability to earn a living. This is absolutely 100% unacceptable. We should not have to worry about this 30 day internet validation nonsense.

If VDJ wants to be taken seriously as a legitimate PROFESSIONAL software, and not a toy for 'bedroom DJs', this needs to be changed, ASAP.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 3:15 pm
I think you have to allow 2 computers to have a live pro version. Look at my WebSite, every picture of every gig has 2 live MacBook Pro's. Just in case one ever goes down. 90% of all locations I go to do not have a live internet connection, and my Bride's who are paying between $1000-$4000 do not want to wait for me to have a backup register before continuing. I understand the need to combat piracy, but my license originally stated I was allowed two installs. It should continue to allow 2. If this is not something that can be rectified, it will make the decision to go to Serato easier.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 3:50 pm
Where does it say you can't have 2?

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 3:52 pm
It has been stated, once you register your second computer, it invalidates the first. Right now I only have 8 on my backup, until I feel confident about it. I read a couple of posts on Facebook, and the internet (which links to this thread) that states if you register a second computer it invalidates the first. I have also read a few people who used VDJ on Friday, then their Saturday gig it came up as the "lite" version not allowing them to use their controller. I am very nerveous.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 3:56 pm
djtouchdan wrote :
Ultimately what an Atomix representative says goes.

As a moderator i am not given any more information than you.

But to clarify again....

• Virtual DJ will only check login credentials at start up
  • The only way to log out whilst VDJ is open is if YOU do it. (on the license screen in config)- Virtual DJ will not 'kick you out' mid session.
  • You are allowed to install and run Virtual DJ on 2 machines - the idea is you have a backup so if something happens to your primary unit you can continue without too much interuption
  • Only one person (the license holder) is allowed to use Virtual DJ on either machine
  • When you log into the 2nd machine this will disengage the license for the original machine on the the VDJ servers. THIS WILL NOT AFFECT YOUR 1st MACHINE UNTIL VDJ IS RESTARTED
  • If you are in a situation where you have no internet access at a gig then please contact SUPPORT who will work out a solution for you.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 3:57 pm
czech54 wrote :

I can easily foresee myself or someone else having an issue with their main PC, and go to use their back up at a non-internet venue, only to find that it's 30 day validation has expired.

Are you telling me, that this software has been YEARS in the works, and yet no one on the development team has considered this very real possibility?

The legitimate Pro users have paid $300 to use a software that is in some cases paramount to their ability to earn a living. This is absolutely 100% unacceptable. We should not have to worry about this 30 day internet validation nonsense.

did you not read this thread?
1) The log in feature makes a license file for your the pc you are using.
2) Should you need a licence for offline use, where the pc does not use internet for updates or anything, you can contact support and get that sorted easily

Its hazzle free and no stress... .. Most all of VDJ users connect to internet to update the software, use Content Subscription and Live Feedbacks.. etc..

For the rare few that never ever go online, there is a solution too ..

no problemo ;)

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 4:20 pm
djtouchdan wrote :

[*] When you log into the 2nd machine this will disengage the license for the original machine on the the VDJ servers. THIS WILL NOT AFFECT YOUR 1st MACHINE UNTIL VDJ IS RESTARTED

Still, UNACCEPTABLE!

Picture this very REAL scenario...

--At a gig. Start up and login main PC. Login backup PC.

--Gig is going fine... all of a sudden, PC issues... need to restart. No problem, you are prepared and have a second PC to throw a song on through your speakers while you reboot your main PC and controller.

--While rebooting, you notice that the WiFi at the venue has gone out, or your phone has lost it's tether (this happens often), or VDJ servers are down, any plethora of possibilities... now VDJ will no longer allow you to use your controller since it will be stuck in lite mode???

That is an utter disaster for a live situation. I can't believe this issue has not been accounted for. Isn't this supposed to b a professional software? People depend on the software for their JOB. Customers are paying us good money to DJ their events or weddings , and now we have to worry about whether an already bad situation of an equipment malfunction is going to be made worse by this Login re-validation garbage?

I'm literally scared to use this software live with this new 'security'. Have the developers ever worked in the field and experienced an equipment failure? It's stressful enough when you have hundreds or thousands of people staring at you while you try to to get things back up and running again. Now we have to worry about another hurdle to possibly keep us from our equipment restored, even though we were trying to be safe by having back-up systems ready to go? This is a HUGE failure of foresight.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 4:25 pm
in your scenario, the login is still valid . ;) zero problem

You dont have to log in even, if the pc is offline i think

simple ;) its not as complicated as you think or try make it be ;)

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 4:27 pm
dj-in-norway wrote :
czech54 wrote :

did you not read this thread?
1) The log in feature makes a licence file on your pc
2) Should you need a licence for offline use, where the pc does not use internet for updates or anything, you can contact support and get that sorted easily

Its hazzle free and no stress... .. Most all of VDJ users connect to internet to update the software, use Content Subscription and Live Feedbacks.. etc..

For the rare few that never ever go online, there is a solution too ..

no problemo ;)

Yes, I have read the thread. I've read every single word of every single reply in the thread.

And yes, I can foresee very REAL possibilities of this being an issue. And Apparently MANY others have as well, including several users who attempted to use the software live last night, only to have this internet validation nonsense ruin their gig.

And judging by the amount of concern that has already been voiced publicly, here and on social media sites, your assumption that this will only affect 0.000000001% is woefully underestimated.

Winks and smiley faces , and 'mosts' and 'trust me's do NOT appease us that use the software professionally and now have to worry about ANOTHER potential serious issue while performing live. We need something more solid and less worrisome if we are going to use this software professinally.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 4:33 pm
47%