Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Login Access without LIve internet - Page: 4

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I understand what you are saying but we are talking about a lot of "what ifs" and "maybe's".

Don't mis understand either- i totally understand why.

If you have serious concerns the contact support who may be able to offer a solution.
http://www.virtualdj.com/contact/index.html

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 11:07 am
I guess if you're somewhere without a connection and you need to wipe/reinstall for example, you'd be stuffed - because it always needs that initial log in.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 11:13 am
J-SnipPRO InfinityMember since 2006
groovindj wrote :
JayMSY wrote :
[I like to keep my machine offline all the time

why do I have to login

You only have to log in ONCE, in order for VDJ to assign your license to the software. If the rest of the time the machine never goes near a connection, then VDJ will just run - every time I'm. It will even run every time with a connection, if that's the only machine you use.

Grooving... Homeboy, who has higher rank than you, stated in this thread (unless it has now been edited) that OFFLINE use for UP TO 30 days! Go back and find that is post. I read that as if the soft phone can't phone home within that window on day 40 when I am at a gig and cannot login the software will revert to Home Free as in NO Controller functionality!

Chris (Homeboy) ... What's the official scoop on this? Like to hear from you since you mentioned the 30 days.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 11:14 am
djtouchdan wrote :
I understand what you are saying but we are talking about a lot of "what ifs" and "maybe's".

If you have serious concerns the contact support who may be able to offer a solution.

My final hint: "what ifs" and "maybe's" are important since we bought a license of a software for professional use and can not take risks facing our audience.

We are not talking here about a game or a toy. We're talking about professional work tool.

I am absolutely against piracy, but the control could not prejudice or, principally, avoid use by real customers.

Thanks for you attention and I'll wait as this issue will be addressed before taking risks with migration.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 11:28 am
I think regardless of the way the log in is set up, there is going to be some people who get screwed because their system stopped working or they were not able to access things due to no internet. I hope Atomix does have a Plan B (contingency plan) in place to help those people where this will be a major issue for them, but are legit Pro license customers.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 11:47 am
visionz5 wrote :
I think regardless of the way the log in is set up, there is going to be some people who get screwed because their system stopped working or they were not able to access things due to no internet. I hope Atomix does have a Plan B (contingency plan) in place to help those people where this will be a major issue for them, but are legit Pro license customers.

Cheers!

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 11:48 am
Just an option, We can still have V7 on the computer and the backup so we could still use that if it came down to it... Correct?

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 11:49 am
djtouchdan wrote :

These will be problems in the future for a fact. The dependency on the internet is an open door for mess-ups.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 11:55 am
JayMSY wrote :
OFFLINE use for UP TO 30 days!

OK I see that now.

Previously, my understanding (I read it somewhere) was that the license was fine for using offline as long as you'd logged in once to set it.

If it expires after 30 days then that's not so good.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 11:56 am
Ok, i'm going to let someone higher than me give you the final word.

But i do understand everyone's point!! I don't disagree with any of you!!

There is a plan B by contacting support ;-)

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 11:57 am
groovindj wrote :
JayMSY wrote :
OFFLINE use for UP TO 30 days!

OK I see that now.

Previously, my understanding (I read it somewhere) was that the license was fine for using offline as long as you'd logged in once to set it.

If it expires after 30 days then that's not so good.

Exactly and the day it expires you will get a session without internet access! Murphy's Law.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 11:58 am
Even on mobile phones, you have a PUK number or something, in case something happens with your PIN.
We need an alternative way for this!

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 12:30 pm
This is a massive step backwards as far as I'm concerned. I have 2 laptops as backup to each other. 2 identical hard drives as backup to each other and 2 play out systems as bank up to each other. Any of this equipment could be used in any combination.

90%+ off my work is in venues with no cellphone reception and no WiFi. I have internet access disabled on both laptops for security

I need to be 100% sure that my system will work fully on every occasion. There is zero room for error

Until this is resolved fully I won't even be installing vdj8 on my gig machines.

If it doesn't get resolved fully I guess it's goodbye vdj forever. As a pro user for many years who had no problem with the simple ' serial number' of previous versions I'm very saddened and disappointed to read this

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 12:52 pm
Hi Colin!

They are offering an option for those who really need it, presumably some type of file, that you can ask for by contacting support.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 12:57 pm
Thanks groovin

Well done to vdj for sorting it tho boo that it needed to be sorted

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 1:26 pm

Can assure you all that is hazzle free ;)
Its not as dramatic as it sounds - and just give it at try.. you can use your vdj if you disconnect your internet, at your 2nd pc .. etc..
even at a pc that never ever connects (but need a little help from friends at support for that.. )
;)

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 1:35 pm
dj-in-norway wrote :

Can assure you all that is hazzle free ;)
Its not as dramatic as it sounds - and just give it at try.. you can use your vdj if you disconnect your internet, at your 2nd pc .. etc..
even at a pc that never ever connects (but need a little help from friends at support for that.. )
;)

Yeah but what about what Homeboy referenced "Up to 30 days"? No where in his post was it referring to Netsearch, or any of the online subscriptions. To me that tells me when the license is downloaded after logged it it is set to expire on day 31.

Homeboy wrote :
If you own a Pro Infinity license for your protection when a second machine is logged in the first is logged out. However if you are OFFLINE you can still "login" to the software for up to 30 days without an internet connection.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 2:00 pm
thats the default, as most all log in at internet at least once to download updates or what not...
But as said, if for some reason, your gig pc is never online, just contact support and we'll sort some magic for that too ;)

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 2:01 pm
dj-in-norway wrote :
thats the default, as most all login at internet at least once a month ( more likely once a day.. hehe)

But as said, if for some reason, your gig pc is never online, just contact support and we'll sort some magic for that too ;)

:-) That I will do. LOL Once I get my laptop set the way I want it it stays offline...no Windows updates or nothing. I know radio automations use a dongle but do have the ability to write a license file to the serial number/mac address of an internal hdd.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 2:03 pm
yeah.. we have a solution for those who have pc that never goes online ;) think of it kinda like a dongle, or even a serial number.. it will allow you to use VDJ Pro at your gig pc without ever being on the net :)

Most all of the users will not need this though.. they use VDJ online with netsearch, download music, broadcast, chat on Facebook or what not ;) hehe

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 2:09 pm
37%