Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Login Access without LIve internet - Page: 3

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I have been following your posts about two computers at the same time. And here is where the issue comes to play with the EULA
Quote :
- install and use the Software on a second computer, if this computer is normally used by the same person and the Software will not be used on both computers at the same time.

Are you playing them at the same time or do you just have one booted up and ready? If your playing them both, then you should purchase a second license. Just like most music purchases are only supposed to be played on one device at a time. Most software is only supposed to be installed on one PC, much less used on two.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 9:30 am
czech54 wrote :

So, Was that how VDJ Pro 7 worked previously? --at least with the Content Unlimited. I know I always had to re-login to my main PC anytime I rebooted after I used my backup.

Exactly!

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 9:32 am
gbeulPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Homeboy wrote :
If you own a Pro Infinity license for your protection when a second machine is logged in the first is logged out. However if you are OFFLINE you can still "login" to the software for up to 30 days without an internet connection.

Please be clear with this

i will not accept that a software desides for me the behaveor of using it.

i have the right to use 2 PC online and running at the same time!

only for that F* netsearch wich i don't use i will not risk any a gig

please give an option for offline use and be clear in what you are saying

if moderators say its not a problem and Atomix says they will disconnect when the second computer comes online

what count's

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 9:36 am
czech54PRO InfinityMember since 2012
blckjck wrote :

Are you playing them at the same time or do you just have one booted up and ready? If your playing them both, then you should purchase a second license. Just like most music purchases are only supposed to be played on one device at a time. Most software is only supposed to be installed on one PC, much less used on two.

I have them booted up and ready to go at all times. I frequently have to switch to my back-up PC, as I do gigs in excess of 10-12 hours, outdoors, and in the summer that can really put a strain on a PC. I also do a gig every week where I have to soft-switch locations (i.e. I am playing in one location, and then have to switch to another room). I have a second setup waiting for me which I move to as the crowd gradually makes it's way from one area to another. In that case, I like to have my 'back up' computer become my main, and the my main becomes my back up... if that makes sense. (The back up can be moved over before I move, That way I can switch over as quickly as possible, with as little downtime. The laptops are exact clones of each other) I know it is a weird situation that 99.9% of DJs probably never have to deal with, but this is my 'main gig' that I am at every week, and when I was told (hopefully erroneously) that logging in a 2nd PC would log out the first, I thought it was going to be a major issue for me.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 9:43 am
Ultimately what an Atomix representative says goes.

As a moderator i am not given any more information than you.

But to clarify again....

• Virtual DJ will only check login credentials at start up
  • The only way to log out whilst VDJ is open is if YOU do it. (on the license screen in config)- Virtual DJ will not 'kick you out' mid session.
  • You are allowed to install and run Virtual DJ on 2 machines - the idea is you have a backup so if something happens to your primary unit you can continue without too much interuption
  • Only one person (the license holder) is allowed to use Virtual DJ on either machine
  • When you log into the 2nd machine this will disengage the license for the original machine on the the VDJ servers. THIS WILL NOT AFFECT YOUR 1st MACHINE UNTIL VDJ IS RESTARTED
  • If you are in a situation where you have no internet access at a gig then please contact SUPPORT who will work out a solution for you.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 9:47 am
czech54PRO InfinityMember since 2012
djtouchdan wrote :
Ultimately what an Atomix representative says goes.

As a moderator i am not given any more information than you.

But to clarify again....

• Virtual DJ will only check login credentials at start up
  • The only way to log out whilst VDJ is open is if YOU do it. (on the license screen in config)- Virtual DJ will not 'kick you out' mid session.
  • You are allowed to install and run Virtual DJ on 2 machines - the idea is you have a backup so if something happens to your primary unit you can continue without too much interuption
  • Only one person (the license holder) is allowed to use Virtual DJ on either machine
  • When you log into the 2nd machine this will disengage the license for the original machine on the the VDJ servers. THIS WILL NOT AFFECT YOUR 1st MACHINE UNTIL VDJ IS RESTARTED
  • If you are in a situation where you have no internet access at a gig then please contact SUPPORT who will work out a solution for you.

Thank you very much. This information helps me more than I can express right now. I was seriously concerned before, and now I am relieved.

I was previously able to use VDJ 7.4 Pro with the content unlimited just fine in my unique situation, and it sounds like the functionality of the security process in ver. 8 is the same, so I was stressing for nothing. Thanks again for your help.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 9:53 am
djtouchdan wrote :

So you can load machine 1 - login and the software is fully functional.
Then load machine 2 - login and the software is fully functional.

If you then exit VDJ on machine 1 (whilst be connected to the internet) and reload it - you will be asked to log in again.

I've just been doing some testing here:

First run 8 on machine 1 (upstairs) and leave it running
Second, run 8 on machine 2 (downstairs) and leave it running

I can log in to both and have them running.

I can also close 8 on machine 2 (while it's still running on machine 1) then reopen it and don't get asked to log in again.

But, if I close 8 on machine 1 then reopen it (while it's still running on machine 2) then I have to log in again.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 9:57 am
djtouchdan wrote :

Yes, as better described in my last post - thanks for confirming Groovin.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 9:59 am
I comprende now.

The license gets assigned to whichever machine logged on last, so if you sign in to a laptop 2nd then you can restart 8 as much as you like on there (with or without a connection) even with 8 running on the 1st machine.

If you restart 8 on the 1st machine though, because the license was last used by the laptop (2nd machine), you'll need to sign in again - which reassigns the
license to the 1st machine.

Phew...

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 10:07 am
Yabba Dabba Doo!!! (Yes)

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 10:09 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
bobhoffman wrote :
Homeboy wrote :
Firstly I guess I should direct you to the EULA - http://www.virtualdj.com/atomixproductions/EULA.html

The EULA has not changed for version 8. It was never for more than one person. Its not a CLUB license to be used by 5 different DJ's. If each DJ besides the one has a login he/she can login to the sofware and use it when needed. You should never share your login regardless.

got it..
then we gotta use something else then. Its just a small club and we would rather the guys used approved software that works on our club computer....this settles it then.
I will definitely still use it, but we gotta get the other guys on something else...

So Automix what will you do about losing the Club Dj business . Clubs will not...I mean will not use this software if the djs have to pay a fee to work there. Clubs will spend money on other software before loosing there djs. this might need to be re evaluated.

The club can OWN the software. But the club is responsible for maintaining the login and password. If it becomes SHARED then its a problem. Once you login you do not need to login again unless you login elsewhere.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 10:20 am
Ok. As once recommended in this forum I dont get online with my DJ laptop, No antivirus program, wifi uninstalled, i transfer everything from my desktop lan connection blocking internet access to the laptop.

Will I run into any problems and is that the reason my desktop is getting VDJ* updates that my laptop is not getting?

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 10:37 am
What about the availability and reliability of service to verify the licenses? If it is not available I can not use the machine because I will not have anyone to validate my credentials?

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 10:38 am
If the laptop is not connected to the internet then where is it going to download the update from??

You download the installer and run that: http://www.virtualdj.com/download/index.html
This gets updated when a new version is pushed.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 10:39 am
jumbosom wrote :
What about the availability and reliability of service to verify the licenses? If it is not available I can not use the machine because I will not have anyone to validate my credentials?

If for whatever reason the servers were unavailable, then it wouldn't be able to check whether you need to log in or not. So it would just run, with the license it last downloaded.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 10:40 am
J-SnipPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Homeboy wrote :

The club can OWN the software. But the club is responsible for maintaining the login and password. If it becomes SHARED then its a problem. Once you login you do not need to login again unless you login elsewhere.

Earlier in this thread you mentioned it could be used offline for 30 days but no mention of that above...so which is it? What happens on day 31 when one of the VJs goes in for his shift...will Vdj load as normal and he can continue to use controller or not?

Someone mentioned above this is tied to the subscriptions (net search etc) ... Sounds like that is not 100% true...I don't use those services...I like to keep my machine offline all the time since djing is the only thing it is used so why do I have to login if I don't use the online features? What happens to me on day 40 if I don't login, get to a gig and no internet connection?

See our concern?

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 10:50 am
Ok but pay attention in the following scenario: the machine has not received a new license for some reason. Eg I just logged on the machine backup, then went on the new machine and it identified the need to login again but at that moment I could not do it, or for some reason the machine crashed in this exact momento. So what I say is: regardless of the situation if my production machine is needing to log in again, and the yours server is unavailable, I will not be able to use it?

EDITED: another real situation. I made a log out for security reason. When a need to use again e yout server is unavailable, I'm screwed?

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 10:51 am
JayMSY wrote :
[I like to keep my machine offline all the time

why do I have to login

You only have to log in ONCE, in order for VDJ to assign your license to the software. If the rest of the time the machine never goes near a connection, then VDJ will just run - every time. It will even run every time with a connection, if that's the only machine you use.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 10:56 am
jumbosom wrote :
if my production machine is needing to log in again, and the yours server is unavailable, I will not be able to use it?

I made a log out for security reason. When a need to use again e yout server is unavailable, I'm screwed?

You're not paying attention!

djtouchdan wrote :
If for whatever reason the servers were unavailable, then it wouldn't be able to check whether you need to log in or not. So it would just run, with the license it last downloaded.

The server being down is the same as not connecting the machine to the net. There's no comms between the software and the net or the server.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 11:00 am
groovindj wrote :
jumbosom wrote :
if my production machine is needing to log in again, and the yours server is unavailable, I will not be able to use it?

I made a log out for security reason. When a need to use again e yout server is unavailable, I'm screwed?

You're not paying attention!

djtouchdan wrote :

You're not paying attention! ;-)

Technically speaking: the license.dat file is no longer available for some reason, no matter what ... If your server is not available then I will not be able to use my full license is this?

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 11:04 am
28%